Subject: [PATCH 00/18] ARM: Migrate clockevent drivers to 'set-state'

From: [email-masked] (Viresh Kumar)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 16:24:07 +0530

Hi Guys,

This series migrates ARM clockevent drivers (present in arch/arm/
directory), to the new set-state interface. This would enable these
drivers to use new states (like: ONESHOT_STOPPED, etc.) of a clockevent
device (if required), as the set-mode interface is marked obsolete now
and wouldn't be expanded to handle new states.

Rebased over: v4.2-rc1

Following patches:
  ARM/ks8695/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/omap1/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface

must be integrated to mainline kernel via clockevents tree, because of
dependency on:
  352370adb058 ("clockevents: Allow set-state callbacks to be optional")

Other patches don't have this dependency and so can be pushed via
platform specific trees if Maintainers want it that way.

This has been build/boot tested by two bots on various platforms for few
days now:

- kernelci, http://kernelci.org/
- 0-DAY kernel test infrastructure, kbuild test robot

Cc: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eric Miao <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gregory Clement <[email-masked]>
Cc: Greg Ungerer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Hans Ulli Kroll <[email-masked]>
Cc: Haojian Zhuang <[email-masked]>
Cc: Imre Kaloz <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jason Cooper <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Krzysztof Halasa <[email-masked]>
Cc: Roland Stigge <[email-masked]>
Cc: Santosh Shilimkar <[email-masked]>
Cc: Sascha Hauer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Sebastian Hesselbarth <[email-masked]>
Cc: Sekhar Nori <[email-masked]>
Cc: Shawn Guo <[email-masked]>
Cc: Shiraz Hashim <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Cc: Wan ZongShun <[email-masked]>

Viresh Kumar (18):
  ARM/smp_twd: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/cns3xxx/timer: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/davinci/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/dc21285-timer: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/gemini/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/imx/epit: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/ixp4xx/timer: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/ks8695/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/lpc32xx/timer: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/mmp/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/netx/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/omap1/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/omap1/timer32: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/omap2/timer: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/SPEAr/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/w90x900/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/iop/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface
  ARM/orion/time: Migrate to new 'set-state' interface

 arch/arm/kernel/smp_twd.c                | 48 +++++++++--------
 arch/arm/mach-cns3xxx/core.c             | 55 ++++++++++---------
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/time.c             | 54 ++++++++++---------
 arch/arm/mach-footbridge/dc21285-timer.c | 48 ++++++++---------
 arch/arm/mach-gemini/time.c              | 69 ++++++++++++------------
 arch/arm/mach-imx/epit.c                 | 67 ++++++++++++-----------
 arch/arm/mach-ixp4xx/common.c            | 68 +++++++++++++----------
 arch/arm/mach-ks8695/time.c              | 43 ++++++++-------
 arch/arm/mach-lpc32xx/timer.c            | 40 +++++---------
 arch/arm/mach-mmp/time.c                 | 29 ++++------
 arch/arm/mach-netx/time.c                | 61 +++++++++++----------
 arch/arm/mach-omap1/time.c               | 35 ++++++------
 arch/arm/mach-omap1/timer32k.c           | 33 ++++++------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/timer.c              | 48 ++++++++---------
 arch/arm/mach-spear/time.c               | 89 ++++++++++++++++--------------
 arch/arm/mach-w90x900/time.c             | 51 ++++++++++--------
 arch/arm/plat-iop/time.c                 | 70 ++++++++++++++----------
 arch/arm/plat-orion/time.c               | 93 ++++++++++++++++----------------
 18 files changed, 522 insertions(+), 479 deletions(-)

-- 
2.4.0