Subject: [PATCH v10 0/4] Implement OCOTP driver for Vybrid using NVMEM

From: [email-masked] (Sanchayan Maity)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 13:51:34 +0530

Hello,

Tested on Greg's tree char-misc-next branch along with Stefan's NAND driver
patchset.

Sample output on Colibri VF50

root at colibri-vf:/sys/bus/nvmem/devices/ocotp0# uname -a
Linux colibri-vf 4.2.0-rc6-00009-g1cec223 #5 SMP Mon Sep 7 12:34:37 IST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

root at colibri-vf:/sys/bus/nvmem/devices/ocotp0# hexdump nvmem
0000000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
*
0000410 72a6 df64 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000420 11d4 2006 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000430 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
*
0000450 0280 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000460 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
*
0000880 8f01 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000890 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
*
00008c0 0000 1300 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
00008d0 320a 0800 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
00008e0 0000 e200 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
00008f0 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
*
0000c80 bada bada 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
*
0000cc0 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
*
0000cf0

Changes since v9:
1. Drop clock-names property from DT
2. Rebase on top of latest char-misc-next

Changes since v8:
1. Fix three lines over 80 characters
2. Rebase on top of Greg's char-misc-next branch

Changes since v7:
1. Add COMPILE_TEST to Kconfig
2. Use GENMASK and BIT macros where applicable
3. Fix a code alignment issue
4. Get the max_register value for regmap config using
resource_size()
5. Also add copyright info as the driver logic is based off
on ocotp code in barebox
6. Add missing info related to clock in DT binding doc

Changes since v6:
1. Use the v9 of NVMEM framework patchset
2. Add a few comments
3. Initialise buffer address not part of the fuse map to 0
instead of only handling buffer locations with valid fuse
addresses.

Changes since v5:
Use NVMEM framework by Srinivas and Maxime

Changes since v4:
1. Use devm_* family of functions and use a struct to get rid of
global variables (suggested by Joachim Eastwood)
2. Make Kconfig govern the compilation with tristate, instead of
earlier bool. Paul Bolle raised a valid point that perhaps this
should have been built in with the bool, however I had not taken
into consideration generic distro kernels and it makes sense to
have this tristated. (comments from Paul Bolle and Andreas Farber)

Changes since v3:
Instead of using the syscon_regmap_lookup_by_compatible function
use a phandle in the device tree along with offsets specified in
this phandle node and then read the offset along with the device
node in the driver for reading from the required region.

Changes since v2:
Implement the SoC bus code as a driver in drivers/soc
by registering with fsl,mscm-cpucfg as per Arnd's feedback

Changes since v1:
Sort the headers in alphabetical order

Changes since RFC:
Use a DT entry for the ROM area while specifying it as syscon.

Version 9 patches can be found here
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/8/12/530

Version 8 patches can be found here
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/8/10/566

Version 7 patches can be found here
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/8/6/440

Version 6 RFC patches can be found here
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1506.2/05123.html

Version 5 of the patchset can be found here
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1506.0/03787.html

Version 4 of the patchset can be found here
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/5/26/199

Version 3 of the patchset can be found here
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg420847.html

Version 2 of the patchset can be found here
http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg80654.html

Version 1 of the patchset can be found here
http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg80257.html

The RFC version can be found here
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/5/11/13

Thanks & Regards,
Sanchayan Maity.

Sanchayan Maity (4):
  clk: clk-vf610: Add clock for Vybrid OCOTP controller
  ARM: dts: vfxxx: Add OCOTP node
  drivers: nvmem: Add Vybrid OCOTP support
  nvmem: Add DT binding documentation for Vybrid OCOTP driver

 .../devicetree/bindings/nvmem/vf610-ocotp.txt      |  19 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/vfxxx.dtsi                       |   8 +
 drivers/clk/imx/clk-vf610.c                        |   1 +
 drivers/nvmem/Kconfig                              |  10 +
 drivers/nvmem/Makefile                             |   2 +
 drivers/nvmem/vf610-ocotp.c                        | 302 +++++++++++++++++++++
 include/dt-bindings/clock/vf610-clock.h            |   3 +-
 7 files changed, 344 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/nvmem/vf610-ocotp.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/nvmem/vf610-ocotp.c

-- 
2.5.1