Subject: [PATCH linux-next v11 0/3] mfd: flexcom: add a driver for Flexcom

From: [email-masked] (Cyrille Pitchen)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 11:13:23 +0200

This series of patches a support to the Atmel Flexcom, a wrapper which
integrates an USART, a SPI controller and a TWI controller. Only one
peripheral can be used at a time. The active function is selected though
the Flexcom Mode Register.

ChangeLog

v11:
- replace "GPLv2 only" by a proper license statement  in
  "include/dt-bindings/mfd/atmel-flexcom.h" as suggested by Lee Jones.
- remove usage of Linux specific macros for the values of the
  "atmel,flexcom-mode" property in the DT bindings documentation.
- fix typo and reword some parts of the DT bindings documentation.

v10:
- add Acked-by from Nicolas Ferre

v9:
- go back to v5 (use the new "atmel,flexcom-mode" DT property).
- fix the name of the spi node in the DT example: from spi at f8034400 to
  spi at 400
- align the fields of the struct platform_driver atmel_flexcom_driver as
  suggested by Lee Jones.

v8:
- fix the name of the spi node in the DT example: from spi at f8034400 to
  spi at 2,0
- use the return code of op_property_read_u32_index() instead of -EINVAL
  to report error.
- add Acked-by from Nicolas Ferre

v7:
- read the operating mode from the very first u32 of the reg property from
  the first available child node (should be unique).
- update the DT bindings documentation accordingly.

v6:
- select the operating mode according to the "compatible" DT property of
  the first available child node (should be unique).
- remove the "atmel,flexcom-mode" DT property so the need of a header file
  defining macros for the possible values of this deprecated property.

v5:
- create a header file containing macros used by DT bindings
- use numeric constants instead of strings to select the Flexcom mode
- change the license to "GPL v2"
- update the DT binding documentation to make it more readable and add
  references to USART, SPI and I2C DT binding documentations. remove the
  useless label in the Example section.
- change the register prefix from FX_ to FLEX_ to match the Flexcom
  programmer datasheet.
- rename some variables to make them more understandable.

v4:
- check clk_prepare_enable() return code in atmel_flexcom_probe()
- add a commit message to the DT binding patch

v3:
- remove MODULE_ALIAS()
- add Acked-by from Boris Brezillon and Alexandre Belloni

v2:
- enhance the documentation of DT bindings and change the way the "ranges"
  property is used.
- replace __raw_readl() and __raw_writel() by readl() and writel().
- change the module license to "GPL" for v2 or later
- print the selected flexcom mode after the hardware version

Cyrille Pitchen (3):
  mfd: atmel-flexcom: create include file with macros used by DT
    bindings
  mfd: devicetree: add bindings for Atmel Flexcom
  mfd: atmel-flexcom: add a driver for Atmel Flexible Serial
    Communication Unit

 .../devicetree/bindings/mfd/atmel-flexcom.txt      |  63 +++++++++++++
 drivers/mfd/Kconfig                                |  11 +++
 drivers/mfd/Makefile                               |   1 +
 drivers/mfd/atmel-flexcom.c                        | 104 +++++++++++++++++++++
 include/dt-bindings/mfd/atmel-flexcom.h            |  26 ++++++
 5 files changed, 205 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/atmel-flexcom.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/mfd/atmel-flexcom.c
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/mfd/atmel-flexcom.h

-- 
1.8.2.2