Subject: [PATCH v12 00/16] arm64 kexec kernel patches v12

From: [email-masked] (Geoff Levand)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 22:25:33 +0000

Hi All,

This series adds the core support for kexec re-boot and kdump on ARM64.  This
version of the series combines Takahiro's kdump patches with my kexec patches.

Changes since v11:

o No changes, rebase to v4.4-rc2.

Changes since v10:

o Move the flush of the new image from arm64_relocate_new_kernel to machine_kexec.
o Pass values to arm64_relocate_new_kernel in registers, not in global variables.
o Fixups to setting the sctlr_el1 and sctlr_el2 flags.

To load a second stage kernel and execute a kexec re-boot or to work with kdump
on ARM64 systems a series of patches to kexec-tools [2], which have not yet been
merged upstream, are needed.

I have tested kexec with the ARM Foundation model, and Takahiro has reported
that kdump is working on the 96boards HiKey developer board.  Kexec on EFI
systems works correctly.  More ACPI + kexec testing is needed.

Patch 1 here moves the macros from proc-macros.S to asm/assembler.h so that the
dcache_line_size macro it defines can be uesd by kexec's relocate kernel
routine.

Patches 2 & 3 rework the ARM64 hcall mechanism to give the CPU reset routines
the ability to switch exception levels from EL1 to EL2 for kernels that were
entered in EL2.

Patch 4 allows KVM to handle a CPU reset.

Patches 5 - 7 add back the ARM64 CPU reset support that was recently removed
from the kernel.

Patches 8 - 10 add kexec support.

Patches 11-16 add kdump support.

Please consider all patches for inclusion.

[1]  https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/geoff/linux-kexec.git
[2]  https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/geoff/kexec-tools.git

-Geoff

The following changes since commit 1ec218373b8ebda821aec00bb156a9c94fad9cd4:

  Linux 4.4-rc2 (2015-11-22 16:45:59 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/linux-kexec.git kexec-v12

for you to fetch changes up to 83db66df70fc1f7cd4da8b580d264b9320991cf0:

  arm64: kdump: relax BUG_ON() if more than one cpus are still active (2015-11-24 13:59:27 -0800)

----------------------------------------------------------------
AKASHI Takahiro (7):
      arm64: kvm: allows kvm cpu hotplug
      arm64: kdump: reserve memory for crash dump kernel
      arm64: kdump: implement machine_crash_shutdown()
      arm64: kdump: add kdump support
      arm64: kdump: update a kernel doc
      arm64: kdump: enable kdump in the arm64 defconfig
      arm64: kdump: relax BUG_ON() if more than one cpus are still active

Geoff Levand (9):
      arm64: Fold proc-macros.S into assembler.h
      arm64: Convert hcalls to use HVC immediate value
      arm64: Add new hcall HVC_CALL_FUNC
      arm64: Add back cpu_reset routines
      Revert "arm64: mm: remove unused cpu_set_idmap_tcr_t0sz function"
      Revert "arm64: remove dead code"
      arm64/kexec: Add core kexec support
      arm64/kexec: Add pr_devel output
      arm64/kexec: Enable kexec in the arm64 defconfig

 Documentation/kdump/kdump.txt        |  32 ++++-
 arch/arm/include/asm/kvm_host.h      |  10 +-
 arch/arm/include/asm/kvm_mmu.h       |   1 +
 arch/arm/kvm/arm.c                   |  79 ++++++-----
 arch/arm/kvm/mmu.c                   |   5 +
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                   |  22 ++++
 arch/arm64/configs/defconfig         |   2 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/assembler.h   |  48 ++++++-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kexec.h       |  80 +++++++++++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_host.h    |  16 ++-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_mmu.h     |   1 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/mmu.h         |   1 +
 arch/arm64/include/asm/mmu_context.h |  35 +++--
 arch/arm64/include/asm/virt.h        |  49 +++++++
 arch/arm64/kernel/Makefile           |   3 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/cpu-reset.S        |  84 ++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/kernel/cpu-reset.h        |  22 ++++
 arch/arm64/kernel/crash_dump.c       |  71 ++++++++++
 arch/arm64/kernel/hyp-stub.S         |  43 ++++--
 arch/arm64/kernel/machine_kexec.c    | 248 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/kernel/relocate_kernel.S  | 131 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/kernel/setup.c            |   7 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/smp.c              |  16 ++-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp-init.S            |  34 ++++-
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp.S                 |  44 +++++--
 arch/arm64/mm/cache.S                |   2 -
 arch/arm64/mm/init.c                 |  83 ++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c                  |  11 ++
 arch/arm64/mm/proc-macros.S          |  64 ---------
 arch/arm64/mm/proc.S                 |   3 -
 include/uapi/linux/kexec.h           |   1 +
 31 files changed, 1097 insertions(+), 151 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/include/asm/kexec.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kernel/cpu-reset.S
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kernel/cpu-reset.h
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kernel/crash_dump.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kernel/machine_kexec.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kernel/relocate_kernel.S
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm64/mm/proc-macros.S

-- 
2.5.0