Subject: [RESEND PATCH 0/3] Add MEMREMAP_WC to fix dma_init_coherent_memory

From: [email-masked] (Brian Starkey)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 16:41:25 +0000

Hi,

This may well have been buried with the holidays. It still applies
fine on next-20160105, but I notice patch 2 will trivially conflict
with [2] on some context lines.

As discussed here[1], these patches implement a MEMREMAP_WC flag for
memremap(), which can be used to obtain writecombine mappings. This
is then used for setting up dma_coherent_mem regions which use the
DMA_MEMORY_MAP flag.

Patch 3 makes sure that the appropriate memset function is used
when zeroing coherent allocations, which fixes an alignment fault on
arm64.

Best Regards,
Brian

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2015-December/390857.html
[2] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2016-January/397163.html

Brian Starkey (3):
  memremap: add MEMREMAP_WC flag
  drivers: dma-coherent: use MEMREMAP_WC for DMA_MEMORY_MAP
  drivers: dma-coherent: use memset_io for DMA_MEMORY_IO

 drivers/base/dma-coherent.c |   25 ++++++++++++++++++++-----
 include/linux/io.h          |    1 +
 kernel/memremap.c           |   15 +++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.9.5