Subject: [PATCH v3 0/5] Cavium ThunderX PMU support

From: [email-masked] (Jan Glauber)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 18:11:55 +0100

Hi,

I'm reposting the whole series just in case my previous attempt to
repost only the broken patch was confusing. Patches are based on
4.5-rc2.

Patches 1-3 add support for ThunderX specific PMU events.

Patch 4 changes the cycle counter to overflow on 64 bit but tries to minimize
code changes. Without this change perf does not work at all on ThunderX.

Patch 5 extends the event mask according to ARMv8.1 and also affects arm32.

Changes to v2:
- fixed arm compile errors

Changes to v1:
- renamed thunderx dt pmu binding to thunder

--Jan

Jan Glauber (5):
  arm64/perf: Rename Cortex A57 events
  arm64/perf: Add Cavium ThunderX PMU support
  arm64: dts: Add Cavium ThunderX specific PMU
  arm64/perf: Enable PMCR long cycle counter bit
  arm64/perf: Extend event mask for ARMv8.1

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/pmu.txt |   1 +
 arch/arm/kernel/perf_event_v6.c               |   6 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/perf_event_v7.c               |  29 ++++--
 arch/arm/kernel/perf_event_xscale.c           |   4 +-
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/cavium/thunder-88xx.dtsi  |   5 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/perf_event.c                | 145 ++++++++++++++++++++------
 drivers/perf/arm_pmu.c                        |   5 +-
 include/linux/perf/arm_pmu.h                  |   4 +-
 8 files changed, 151 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
1.9.1