Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] Implement SoC bus driver for Vybrid

From: [email-masked] (Sanchayan Maity)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 12:34:59 +0530

Hello,

This second patch series is rebased on top of shawn's for-next branch
and tested on Colibri Vybrid VF50 and VF61 modules.

This patchset implements SoC bus support for Freescale Vybrid platform,
implementing the following
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-soc

This a reworked version of an older patchset series posted in June 2015
which was at v5 then [1]. Since the NVMEM framework was then getting
introduced, we decided that first a NVMEM driver for OCOTP peripheral
being in place would be better.

Compared to the older revisions, this driver now relies on NVMEM
consumer API using the NVMEM based vf610_ocotp driver which has
already been in mainline for a while now. Also now a new syscon
abstraction "syscon_regmap_read_from_offset" is implemented and
exported from syscon allowing accessing a register from a syscon
reference like this

ocotp-cfg1 = <&ocotp 0x20>;

avoiding code repetition in the driver.

One point on which we were not sure here is whether we really should
introduce a new Kconfig symbol as being introduced here. While we
could just enable it when SOC_VF610 is selected, this however would
introduce circular dependencies.

Feedback is most welcome.

Changes since v1:
Add device tree binding documentation.

v1 new patchset
https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/3/11/132

[1] Older v5:
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1506.0/03787.html
Even earlier versions:
Version 4 of the patchset can be found here
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/5/26/199
Version 3 of the patchset can be found here
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg420847.html
Version 2 of the patchset can be found here
http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg80654.html
Version 1 of the patchset can be found here
http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg80257.html
The RFC version can be found here
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/5/11/13

Regards,
Sanchayan.

Sanchayan Maity (5):
  mfd: syscon: Introduce syscon_regmap_read_from_offset
  ARM: dts: vfxxx: Add device tree node for OCOTP
  ARM: dts: vfxxx: Add OCROM and phandle entries for Vybrid SoC bus driver
  soc: Add SoC bus driver for Freescale Vybrid Platform
  vf610-soc: Add Vybrid SoC device tree binding documentation

 .../bindings/arm/freescale/fsl,vf610-soc.txt       |  35 +++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/vfxxx.dtsi                       |  28 +++-
 drivers/mfd/syscon.c                               |  30 ++++
 drivers/soc/Kconfig                                |   1 +
 drivers/soc/fsl/Kconfig                            |  10 ++
 drivers/soc/fsl/Makefile                           |   1 +
 drivers/soc/fsl/soc-vf610.c                        | 160 +++++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/mfd/syscon.h                         |  10 ++
 8 files changed, 274 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/freescale/fsl,vf610-soc.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/soc/fsl/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/soc/fsl/soc-vf610.c

-- 
2.8.2