Subject: [PATCH v8 0/3] Altera Cyclone Passive Serial SPI FPGA Manager

From: [email-masked] (Joshua Clayton)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 14:51:03 -0800

This series adds an FPGA manager for Altera cyclone FPGAs
that can program them using an spi port and a couple of gpios, using
Alteras passive serial protocol.

Changes from v7:
Add Rob Herrings Ack on the bindings change (Thanks!)
Change const u8* to const char * to make sparse happy

Changes from v6:
- moved bitrev8x4() out (I'll submit it in a separate patch set)
- Changed the dts format to match what is already done in barebox
  (see https://git.pengutronix.de/cgit/barebox/tree/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/firmware/altr,passive-serial.txt)
- Changed error message from "Status pin should be low" to "Status
  pin failed to show a reset" for better clarity
- Fixed any whitespace problems that had crept in.

Changes from v5:
- Rebased on next-20161214xi
- Corrected for FPGA Mgr API change in  write_init() and write_complete()
- Better describe the device cyclone-ps-spi runs on in the file header.
- Split the bitrev8x4 patch into generic and arch specific patches...
- Added AARCH64 and MIPS implementations of bitrev8x4()... they all have to 
  have an implementation for it to compile cleanly across platforms
- Added the changes to imx6q-evi.dts to the patch set.

Changes from v4:
- Added the needed return statement to __arch_bitrev8x4()
- Added Rob Herrings ACK for and fix a typo in the commit log of patch 2

Changes from v3:
- Fixed up the state() function to return the state of the status pin
  reqested by Alan Tull
- Switched the pin to ACTIVE_LOW and coresponding logic level, and updated
  the corresponding documentation. Thanks Rob Herring for pointing out my
  mistake.
- Per Rob Herring, switched from "gpio" to "gpios" in dts

Changes from v2:
- Merged patch 3 and 4 as suggested in review by Moritz Fischer
- Changed FPGA_MIN_DELAY from 250 to 50 ms is the time advertized by
  Altera. This now works, as we don't assume it is done

Changes from v1:
- Changed the name from cyclone-spi-fpga-mgr to cyclone-ps-spi-fpga-mgr
  This name change was requested by Alan Tull, to be specific about which
  programming method is being employed on the fpga.
- Changed the name of the reset-gpio to config-gpio to closer match the
  way the pins are described in the Altera manual
- Moved MODULE_LICENCE, _AUTHOR, and _DESCRIPTION to the bottom

- Added a bitrev8x4() function to the bitrev headers and implemented ARM
 const, runtime, and ARM specific faster versions (This may end up
 needing to be a standalone patch)

- Moved the bitswapping into cyclonespi_write(), as requested.
  This falls short of my desired generic lsb first spi support, but is a step
  in that direction.

- Fixed whitespace problems introduced during refactoring

- Replaced magic number for initial delay with a descriptive macro
- Poll the fpga to see when it is ready rather than a fixed 1 ms sleep

Joshua Clayton (3):
  doc: dt: add cyclone-ps-spi binding document
  fpga manager: Add cyclone-ps-spi driver for Altera FPGAs
  ARM: dts: imx6q-evi: support cyclone-ps-spi

 .../bindings/fpga/altera-passive-serial.txt        |  25 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-evi.dts                    |  16 ++
 drivers/fpga/Kconfig                               |   7 +
 drivers/fpga/Makefile                              |   1 +
 drivers/fpga/cyclone-ps-spi.c                      | 185 +++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 234 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/fpga/altera-passive-serial.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/fpga/cyclone-ps-spi.c

-- 
2.9.3