Subject: [v3 00/10] arm/arm64: mediatek: Fix mmsys device probing

From: [email-masked] (matthias.bgg at kernel.org)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 11:23:52 +0200

From: Matthias Brugger <[email-masked]>

Changes since v2:
- fix kconfig typo (shame on me)
- delete __initconst from mm_clocks as converted to a platform driver

Changes since v1:
- add binding documentation
- ddp: use regmap_update_bits
- ddp: ignore EPROBE_DEFER on clock probing
- mfd: delete mmsys_private
- add Reviewed-by and Acked-by tags

---

MMSYS in Mediatek SoCs has some registers to control clock gates (which is 
used in the clk driver) and some registers to set the routing and enable
the differnet blocks of the display subsystem.

Up to now both drivers, clock and drm are probed with the same device tree
compatible. But only the first driver get probed, which in effect breaks
graphics on mt8173 and mt2701.

This patch set introduces a new mfd device, which binds against the mmsys
compatible and takes care of probing the needed devices. It was tested on the
bananapi-r2 and the Acer R13 Chromebook.

Matthias Brugger (10):
  dt-bindings: mediatek: mmsys: Add support for mfd
  drm/mediatek: Use regmap for register access
  mfd: mtk-mmsys: Add mmsys driver
  drm/mediatek: mt2701: switch to mfd probing.
  clk: mediatek: mt2701-mm: switch to mfd device
  mfd: mtk-mmsys: Add mt8173 nodes
  drm/mediatek: Add mfd support for mt8173
  clk: mediatek: mt8173-mm: switch to mfd device
  drm: mediatek: Omit warning on probe defers
  MAINTAINERS: update Mediatek Soc entry

 .../bindings/arm/mediatek/mediatek,mmsys.txt       |  2 -
 .../bindings/display/mediatek/mediatek,disp.txt    |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/mfd/mediatek,mmsys.txt     | 27 +++++++
 MAINTAINERS                                        |  2 +
 drivers/clk/mediatek/clk-mt2701-mm.c               | 10 +--
 drivers/clk/mediatek/clk-mt8173.c                  | 19 ++++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_drm_crtc.c            |  4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_drm_ddp.c             | 41 ++++------
 drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_drm_ddp.h             |  4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_drm_drv.c             | 33 ++++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_drm_drv.h             |  2 +-
 drivers/mfd/Kconfig                                |  9 +++
 drivers/mfd/Makefile                               |  2 +
 drivers/mfd/mtk-mmsys.c                            | 93 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 14 files changed, 190 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/mediatek,mmsys.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/mfd/mtk-mmsys.c

-- 
2.16.3