Subject: [PATCH v3 00/27] Fix some doc build warnings/errors and broken links

From: [email-masked] (Mauro Carvalho Chehab)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:08:45 -0300

Jon,

As discussed during the review of v2, your plans were to merge
things with potential to conflict with merges by the end of the
merge window. So, I'm resubmitting it in order to help you with
that.

This patch series is at my experimental tree:
	https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/log/?h=broken-links-v5

	git://linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git broken-links-v5

This series contains:

- 5 patches that weren't applied on my previous v2 series yet. 
  Except for rebasing, the only change is that tools/memory-model/README
  was removed from patch 5, as per Andrea review;

- 4 patches for media stuff. I forgot to apply those via my tree.
  Only noticed I didn't apply on media when I rebased by work.

  Jon, 
    I could sent them via my tree, but, IMHO, better to apply together
    with the other ones. So, feel free to send them via your tree.

- 6 patches improving the scripts/documentation-file-ref-check tool.
  They fix a few things there and add more auto-correct rules,
  some focused at DT binding stuff.

- a series of other patches fixing several broken Documentation/
  file references.

After this patch series, only 32 broken references to doc files are detected:

  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/input/mtk-pmic-keys.txt: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/input/keys.txt
  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/input/mtk-pmic-keys.txt: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/input/keys.txt
  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/leds/common.txt: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/led.txt
  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/rohm,bd71837-regulator.txt: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/rohm,bd71837-pmic.txt
  Documentation/devicetree/dynamic-resolution-notes.txt: Documentation/devicetree/dt-object-internal.txt
  Documentation/scheduler/sched-pelt.c: Documentation/scheduler/sched-pelt
  Documentation/scsi/scsi_mid_low_api.txt: Documentation/Configure.help
  Documentation/sound/alsa-configuration.rst: Documentation/sound/oss/MultiSound
  Documentation/target/tcm_mod_builder.txt: mnt/sdb/lio-core-2.6.git/Documentation/target/../../drivers/target/tcm_nab5000
  Documentation/target/tcm_mod_builder.txt: mnt/sdb/lio-core-2.6.git/Documentation/target/../../drivers/target/tcm_nab5000
  Documentation/target/tcm_mod_builder.txt: mnt/sdb/lio-core-2.6.git/Documentation/target/../../drivers/target/tcm_nab5000/tcm_nab5000_base.h
  Documentation/target/tcm_mod_builder.txt: mnt/sdb/lio-core-2.6.git/Documentation/target/../../include/target/target_core_fabric_ops.h
  Documentation/target/tcm_mod_builder.txt: mnt/sdb/lio-core-2.6.git/Documentation/target/../../drivers/target/tcm_nab5000/tcm_nab5000_fabric.c
  Documentation/target/tcm_mod_builder.txt: mnt/sdb/lio-core-2.6.git/Documentation/target/../../drivers/target/tcm_nab5000/tcm_nab5000_fabric.h
  Documentation/target/tcm_mod_builder.txt: mnt/sdb/lio-core-2.6.git/Documentation/target/../../drivers/target/tcm_nab5000/tcm_nab5000_configfs.c
  Documentation/target/tcm_mod_builder.txt: mnt/sdb/lio-core-2.6.git/Documentation/target/../../drivers/target/tcm_nab5000/Kbuild
  Documentation/target/tcm_mod_builder.txt: mnt/sdb/lio-core-2.6.git/Documentation/target/../../drivers/target/tcm_nab5000/Kconfig
  Documentation/trace/ftrace.rst: Documentation/trace/histogram.rst
  Documentation/translations/zh_CN/HOWTO: Documentation/DocBook/
  Documentation/translations/zh_CN/basic_profiling.txt: Documentation/basic_profiling
  Documentation/translations/zh_CN/basic_profiling.txt: Documentation/basic_profiling
  Documentation/translations/zh_CN/oops-tracing.txt: Documentation/admin-guide/oops-tracing.rst
  Documentation/translations/zh_CN/oops-tracing.txt: Documentation/admin-guide/oops-tracing.rst
  MAINTAINERS: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/ina209.txt
  MAINTAINERS: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rng/samsung,exynos5250-trng.txt
  arch/powerpc/Kconfig: Documentation/vm/protection-keys.rst
  drivers/isdn/mISDN/dsp_core.c: Documentation/isdn/mISDN.cert
  drivers/scsi/Kconfig: file:Documentation/scsi/tmscsim.txt
  drivers/vhost/vhost.c: Documentation/virtual/lguest/lguest.c
  include/linux/gpio.h: Documentation/gpio/gpio-legacy.txt
  kernel/sched/sched-pelt.h: Documentation/scheduler/sched-pelt
  sound/isa/Kconfig: file:Documentation/sound/oss/MultiSound

Just reminding, before v1 of this series, we had around 300 broken refs,
so, I guess we've made some progress.

The remaining ones will likely require subsystem attention, as most
of them seem to be related to non-trivial code changes and/or code
cleanups.

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (27):
  docs: can.rst: fix a footnote reference
  docs: crypto_engine.rst: Fix two parse warnings
  arch/*: Kconfig: fix documentation for NMI watchdog
  docs: fix broken references with multiple hints
  docs: Fix some broken references
  media: dvb: fix location of get_dvb_firmware script
  media: dvb: point to the location of the old README.dvb-usb file
  media: v4l: fix broken video4linux docs locations
  media: max2175: fix location of driver's companion documentation
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: fix help message
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: accept more wildcards at
    filenames
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: add a fix logic for DT
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: hint: dash or underline
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: get rid of false-positives
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: check tools/*/Documentation
  docs: Fix more broken references
  bindings: nvmem/zii: Fix location of nvmem.txt
  kernel-parameters.txt: fix pointers to sound parameters
  MAINTAINERS: fix location of some display DT bindings
  MAINTAINERS: fix location of DT npcm files
  MAINTAINERS: get rid of non-existing Documentation/fpga
  devicetree: fix some bindings file names
  devicetree: fix name of pinctrl-bindings.txt
  devicetree: fix a series of wrong file references
  ABI: sysfs-devices-system-cpu: remove a broken reference
  Documentation: rstFlatTable.py: fix a broken reference
  fix a series of Documentation/ broken file name references

 Documentation/ABI/obsolete/sysfs-gpio         |  2 +-
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-system-cpu      |  3 -
 .../admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt         |  9 +--
 Documentation/crypto/crypto_engine.rst        |  8 ++-
 .../bindings/clock/st/st,clkgen.txt           |  8 +--
 .../devicetree/bindings/clock/ti/gate.txt     |  2 +-
 .../bindings/clock/ti/interface.txt           |  2 +-
 .../bindings/cpufreq/cpufreq-mediatek.txt     |  2 +-
 .../bindings/devfreq/rk3399_dmc.txt           |  2 +-
 .../bindings/display/bridge/tda998x.txt       |  2 +-
 .../bindings/gpu/arm,mali-midgard.txt         |  2 +-
 .../bindings/gpu/arm,mali-utgard.txt          |  2 +-
 .../bindings/input/rmi4/rmi_2d_sensor.txt     |  2 +-
 .../bindings/input/rotary-encoder.txt         |  2 +-
 .../bindings/media/stih407-c8sectpfe.txt      |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/mfd/as3722.txt        |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/mfd/mt6397.txt        |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/mfd/sun6i-prcm.txt    |  4 +-
 .../bindings/mmc/exynos-dw-mshc.txt           |  2 +-
 .../bindings/mmc/microchip,sdhci-pic32.txt    |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/mmc/sdhci-st.txt      |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/net/dsa/ksz.txt       |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/net/dsa/mt7530.txt    |  2 +-
 .../bindings/nvmem/zii,rave-sp-eeprom.txt     |  2 +-
 .../bindings/pci/hisilicon-pcie.txt           |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/kirin-pcie.txt    |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/pci-keystone.txt  |  4 +-
 .../bindings/pinctrl/pinctrl-max77620.txt     |  4 +-
 .../bindings/pinctrl/pinctrl-mcp23s08.txt     |  4 +-
 .../bindings/pinctrl/pinctrl-rk805.txt        |  4 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/power/fsl,imx-gpc.txt |  2 +-
 .../bindings/power/supply/ab8500/btemp.txt    |  2 +-
 .../bindings/power/supply/ab8500/chargalg.txt |  2 +-
 .../bindings/power/supply/ab8500/charger.txt  |  2 +-
 .../bindings/power/wakeup-source.txt          |  2 +-
 .../bindings/serial/microchip,pic32-uart.txt  |  2 +-
 .../bindings/sound/st,stm32-i2s.txt           |  2 +-
 .../bindings/sound/st,stm32-sai.txt           |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/spi/spi-st-ssc.txt    |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/usb/rockchip,dwc3.txt |  2 +-
 Documentation/driver-api/gpio/consumer.rst    |  2 +-
 Documentation/hwmon/ina2xx                    |  2 +-
 Documentation/kprobes.txt                     |  4 +-
 Documentation/maintainer/pull-requests.rst    |  2 +-
 Documentation/networking/can.rst              |  4 +-
 Documentation/sphinx/rstFlatTable.py          |  2 -
 Documentation/trace/coresight.txt             |  2 +-
 Documentation/trace/events.rst                |  2 +-
 Documentation/trace/ftrace-uses.rst           |  2 +-
 Documentation/trace/histogram.txt             |  2 +-
 Documentation/trace/intel_th.rst              |  2 +-
 Documentation/trace/tracepoint-analysis.rst   |  8 +--
 Documentation/translations/ja_JP/howto.rst    |  4 +-
 Documentation/translations/ko_KR/howto.rst    |  2 +-
 .../translations/zh_CN/SubmittingDrivers      |  2 +-
 Documentation/translations/zh_CN/gpio.txt     |  4 +-
 .../translations/zh_CN/io_ordering.txt        |  2 +-
 .../translations/zh_CN/magic-number.txt       |  4 +-
 .../zh_CN/video4linux/omap3isp.txt            |  4 +-
 .../zh_CN/video4linux/v4l2-framework.txt      |  6 +-
 MAINTAINERS                                   | 63 +++++++++----------
 arch/Kconfig                                  |  2 +-
 arch/arm/Kconfig                              |  2 +-
 arch/arm/include/asm/cacheflush.h             |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/cacheflush.h           |  2 +-
 arch/microblaze/include/asm/cacheflush.h      |  2 +-
 arch/parisc/Kconfig                           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/Kconfig                               |  2 +-
 arch/sparc/Kconfig                            |  2 +-
 arch/um/Kconfig.um                            |  2 +-
 arch/unicore32/include/asm/cacheflush.h       |  2 +-
 arch/x86/entry/vsyscall/vsyscall_64.c         |  2 +-
 arch/xtensa/include/asm/cacheflush.h          |  4 +-
 block/Kconfig                                 |  2 +-
 certs/Kconfig                                 |  2 +-
 crypto/asymmetric_keys/asymmetric_type.c      |  2 +-
 crypto/asymmetric_keys/signature.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/char/Kconfig                          |  2 +-
 drivers/clk/clk.c                             |  4 +-
 drivers/clk/ingenic/cgu.h                     |  2 +-
 drivers/dma/dmaengine.c                       |  2 +-
 drivers/gpu/vga/Kconfig                       |  2 +-
 drivers/gpu/vga/vgaarb.c                      |  2 +-
 drivers/hid/usbhid/Kconfig                    |  2 +-
 drivers/input/Kconfig                         |  4 +-
 drivers/input/joystick/Kconfig                | 14 ++---
 drivers/input/joystick/iforce/Kconfig         |  4 +-
 drivers/input/joystick/walkera0701.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/input/misc/Kconfig                    |  4 +-
 drivers/input/misc/rotary_encoder.c           |  2 +-
 drivers/input/mouse/Kconfig                   |  6 +-
 drivers/input/mouse/alps.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/input/serio/Kconfig                   |  4 +-
 drivers/input/touchscreen/wm97xx-core.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/lightnvm/pblk-rb.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/md/bcache/Kconfig                     |  2 +-
 drivers/md/bcache/btree.c                     |  2 +-
 drivers/md/bcache/extents.c                   |  2 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-core/dvb_ringbuffer.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/Kconfig           | 18 +++---
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/dib3000.h         |  2 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/dib3000mb.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/eds1547.h         |  2 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/nxt200x.c         |  4 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/or51211.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/sp8870.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/sp887x.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/tda1004x.c        |  4 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/tda10071.c        |  2 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-frontends/z0194a.h          |  2 +-
 drivers/media/i2c/max2175.c                   |  6 +-
 drivers/media/pci/bt8xx/Kconfig               |  2 +-
 drivers/media/pci/cx18/cx18-dvb.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/media/pci/cx18/cx18-streams.c         |  4 +-
 drivers/media/pci/cx23885/cx23885-cards.c     |  2 +-
 drivers/media/pci/meye/Kconfig                |  2 +-
 drivers/media/pci/ttpci/Kconfig               |  2 +-
 drivers/media/platform/pxa_camera.c           |  4 +-
 .../soc_camera/sh_mobile_ceu_camera.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/media/radio/Kconfig                   | 12 ++--
 drivers/media/radio/si470x/Kconfig            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/radio/wl128x/Kconfig            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/Kconfig          |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/dvb_usb_core.c   |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/gl861.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/lmedm04.c        |  4 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/lmedm04.h        |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/mxl111sf.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/mxl111sf.h       |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/Kconfig             |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/a800.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/af9005-fe.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/af9005-remote.c     |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/af9005.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/af9005.h            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/az6027.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/cxusb.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dibusb-common.c     |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dibusb-mb.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dibusb-mc-common.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dibusb-mc.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dibusb.h            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/digitv.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dtt200u-fe.c        |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dtt200u.c           |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dtt200u.h           |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-firmware.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-init.c      |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dw2102.c            |  6 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/friio-fe.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/friio.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/friio.h             |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/gp8psk.c            |  4 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/gp8psk.h            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/m920x.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/nova-t-usb2.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/opera1.c            |  4 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/ttusb2.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/ttusb2.h            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/umt-010.c           |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/vp702x-fe.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/vp702x.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/vp7045-fe.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/vp7045.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/vp7045.h            |  2 +-
 drivers/media/usb/gspca/m5602/Kconfig         |  2 -
 drivers/media/usb/ttusb-dec/Kconfig           |  6 +-
 drivers/media/usb/zr364xx/Kconfig             |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/Kconfig            |  8 +--
 drivers/parport/Kconfig                       |  6 +-
 drivers/platform/x86/Kconfig                  |  2 +-
 drivers/sbus/char/oradax.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/soundwire/stream.c                    |  8 +--
 .../staging/fsl-mc/bus/dpio/dpio-driver.txt   |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/media/bcm2048/TODO            |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/media/zoran/Kconfig           |  2 +-
 drivers/video/fbdev/skeletonfb.c              |  8 +--
 fs/Kconfig.binfmt                             |  2 +-
 fs/befs/ChangeLog                             |  2 +-
 fs/binfmt_misc.c                              |  2 +-
 fs/orangefs/orangefs-sysfs.c                  |  2 +-
 include/keys/asymmetric-subtype.h             |  2 +-
 include/keys/asymmetric-type.h                |  2 +-
 include/linux/assoc_array.h                   |  2 +-
 include/linux/assoc_array_priv.h              |  2 +-
 include/linux/circ_buf.h                      |  2 +-
 include/linux/ftrace.h                        |  2 +-
 include/linux/platform_data/sc18is602.h       |  2 +-
 include/linux/rculist_nulls.h                 |  2 +-
 include/linux/tracepoint.h                    |  2 +-
 include/uapi/linux/prctl.h                    |  2 +-
 include/xen/interface/io/kbdif.h              |  2 +-
 kernel/cgroup/cpuset.c                        |  2 +-
 kernel/power/main.c                           |  2 +-
 kernel/trace/Kconfig                          | 16 ++---
 lib/Kconfig                                   |  2 +-
 scripts/documentation-file-ref-check          | 56 ++++++++++++++---
 security/device_cgroup.c                      |  2 +-
 security/selinux/hooks.c                      |  2 +-
 sound/core/Kconfig                            |  4 +-
 sound/drivers/Kconfig                         |  4 +-
 sound/pci/Kconfig                             | 10 +--
 tools/include/uapi/linux/prctl.h              |  2 +-
 tools/lib/api/fs/fs.c                         |  2 +-
 tools/perf/util/bpf-prologue.c                |  2 +-
 .../config/custom-timeline-functions.cfg      |  4 +-
 206 files changed, 370 insertions(+), 339 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1