Subject: [PATCH 0/3] ARM: trivial assembly fixes to enable LLVM as

From: Stefan Agner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 17:08:16 +0100

During the last few days I tried compiling the kernel for ARM32 with
LLVMs integrated assembler. The elephant in the room is definitely the
unified syntax which is required by the LLVM assembler. I converted most
mnemonics using a regex, but it is not perfect and needs some manual fixes.
I am not sure if this is the right approach, feedback welcome. I plan to
send fixes in groups in the next few weeks, if that effort is welcome.

There are a couple of other issues besides unified syntax, e.g. lack of
feature argument parsing (e.g. armv7-a+sec).

This patchset is a starting point to enable LLVM integrated assembler and
contains some trivial changes. With this patchset the LLVM integrated
assembler can be used to assemble almost all C files.

Stefan Agner (3):
  ARM: fix argument count to match macro definition
  ARM: uaccess: use unified assembler language syntax
  ARM: spinlock: use unified assembler language syntax

 arch/arm/include/asm/spinlock.h | 2 +-
 arch/arm/include/asm/uaccess.h  | 2 +-
 arch/arm/lib/copy_template.S    | 2 +-
 3 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel