Subject: [PATCH 0/5] ARM: convert to unified syntax

From: Stefan Agner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 10:48:24 +0100

This patchset converts all assembly code to unified assembler
language (UAL) compatible assembly code. From what I can tell,
this mainly boils down to using conditional infixes instead of
postfixes.

Most of the conversion has been done using the following regular
expression:
  find ./arch/arm/ -name "*.[hSc]" -exec sed -i -r \
    "s/^((\s*[._a-zA-Z0-9]*[\:\(])?\s*)([a-z]{3})(eq|ne|cs|hs|cc|lo|mi|pl|vs|vc|hi|ls|ge|lt|gt|le|al)([a-z]{1,2})(\s)/\1\3\5\4\6/"
\
    {} \;

The expression resulted in some false positives and missed some
instances where infix conditionals have been used. With this
changes applied, I compiled several kernel configurations
successfully and without a warning.

The file arch/arm/probes/kprobes/test-arm.c is still using some
divided syntax assembler.

This does not allow to use LLVM's integrated assembler just yet,
there is still some assembler which the integrated assembler does
not like (yet). But it is a big step towards that direction.

--
Stefan

Stefan Agner (5):
  ARM: use unified assembler in macros
  ARM: use unified assembler in headers
  ARM: use unified assembler in assembly files
  ARM: use unified assembler in c files
  ARM: warn if divided syntax assembler is used

 arch/arm/Makefile                             |  3 --
 arch/arm/boot/bootp/init.S                    |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/compressed/ll_char_wr.S         |  4 +-
 arch/arm/include/asm/assembler.h              |  8 ++--
 .../include/asm/hardware/entry-macro-iomd.S   | 10 ++---
 arch/arm/include/asm/vfpmacros.h              |  8 ++--
 arch/arm/include/debug/tegra.S                |  2 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/debug.S                       |  2 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/entry-armv.S                  | 12 +++---
 arch/arm/kernel/entry-common.S                |  2 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/entry-header.S                |  8 ++--
 arch/arm/lib/bitops.h                         |  8 ++--
 arch/arm/lib/clear_user.S                     |  2 +-
 arch/arm/lib/copy_from_user.S                 |  2 +-
 arch/arm/lib/copy_page.S                      |  4 +-
 arch/arm/lib/copy_template.S                  |  4 +-
 arch/arm/lib/copy_to_user.S                   |  2 +-
 arch/arm/lib/csumpartial.S                    | 20 ++++-----
 arch/arm/lib/csumpartialcopygeneric.S         |  4 +-
 arch/arm/lib/csumpartialcopyuser.S            |  2 +-
 arch/arm/lib/div64.S                          |  4 +-
 arch/arm/lib/floppydma.S                      | 10 ++---
 arch/arm/lib/io-readsb.S                      | 20 ++++-----
 arch/arm/lib/io-readsl.S                      |  2 +-
 arch/arm/lib/io-readsw-armv3.S                |  6 +--
 arch/arm/lib/io-readsw-armv4.S                | 12 +++---
 arch/arm/lib/io-writesb.S                     | 20 ++++-----
 arch/arm/lib/io-writesl.S                     |  2 +-
 arch/arm/lib/io-writesw-armv3.S               |  2 +-
 arch/arm/lib/io-writesw-armv4.S               |  6 +--
 arch/arm/lib/lib1funcs.S                      |  4 +-
 arch/arm/lib/memcpy.S                         |  4 +-
 arch/arm/lib/memmove.S                        | 24 +++++------
 arch/arm/lib/memset.S                         | 42 +++++++++----------
 .../mach-ks8695/include/mach/entry-macro.S    |  2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/reset-handler.S           |  2 +-
 arch/arm/mm/cache-v6.S                        |  8 ++--
 arch/arm/mm/copypage-v4mc.c                   |  2 +-
 arch/arm/mm/copypage-v4wb.c                   |  2 +-
 arch/arm/mm/copypage-v4wt.c                   |  2 +-
 arch/arm/mm/proc-v7m.S                        |  4 +-
 41 files changed, 143 insertions(+), 146 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel