Subject: [PATCH v10 00/18] Introduce the Counter subsystem

From: William Breathitt Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 15:30:35 +0900

Changes in v10:
  - Fix minor typographical errors in documentation
  - Merge the FlexTimer Module Quadrature decoder counter driver patches

This revision is functionally identical to the last; changes in this
version were made to fix minor typos in the documentation files and also
to pull in the new FTM quadrature decoder counter driver.

The Generic Counter API has been and is still in a feature freeze until
it is merged into the mainline. The following features will be
investigated after the merge: interrupt support for counter devices, and
a character device interface for low-latency applications.

Benjamin Gaignard (2):
  counter: Add STM32 Timer quadrature encoder
  dt-bindings: counter: Document stm32 quadrature encoder

Fabrice Gasnier (2):
  counter: stm32-lptimer: add counter device
  dt-bindings: counter: Adjust dt-bindings for STM32 lptimer move

Patrick Havelange (7):
  include/fsl: add common FlexTimer #defines in a separate header.
  drivers/pwm: pwm-fsl-ftm: use common header for FlexTimer #defines
  drivers/clocksource: timer-fsl-ftm: use common header for FlexTimer
    #defines
  dt-bindings: counter: ftm-quaddec
  counter: add FlexTimer Module Quadrature decoder counter driver
  counter: ftm-quaddec: Documentation: Add specific counter sysfs
    documentation
  LS1021A: dtsi: add ftm quad decoder entries

William Breathitt Gray (7):
  counter: Introduce the Generic Counter interface
  counter: Documentation: Add Generic Counter sysfs documentation
  docs: Add Generic Counter interface documentation
  iio: 104-quad-8: Update license boilerplate
  counter: 104-quad-8: Add Generic Counter interface support
  counter: 104-quad-8: Documentation: Add Generic Counter sysfs
    documentation
  iio: counter: Add deprecation markings for IIO Counter attributes

 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-counter   |  230 +++
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-counter-104-quad-8  |   36 +
 .../ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-counter-ftm-quaddec |   16 +
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-iio       |    8 +
 .../testing/sysfs-bus-iio-counter-104-quad-8  |   16 +
 .../bindings/counter/ftm-quaddec.txt          |   18 +
 .../{iio => }/counter/stm32-lptimer-cnt.txt   |    0
 .../bindings/counter/stm32-timer-cnt.txt      |   31 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/mfd/stm32-lptimer.txt |    2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/mfd/stm32-timers.txt  |    7 +
 Documentation/driver-api/generic-counter.rst  |  342 ++++
 Documentation/driver-api/index.rst            |    1 +
 MAINTAINERS                                   |   15 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/ls1021a.dtsi                |   28 +
 drivers/Kconfig                               |    2 +
 drivers/Makefile                              |    1 +
 drivers/clocksource/timer-fsl-ftm.c           |   15 +-
 drivers/{iio => }/counter/104-quad-8.c        |  782 +++++++-
 drivers/counter/Kconfig                       |   60 +
 drivers/counter/Makefile                      |   10 +
 drivers/counter/counter.c                     | 1567 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/counter/ftm-quaddec.c                 |  356 ++++
 drivers/{iio => }/counter/stm32-lptimer-cnt.c |  361 +++-
 drivers/counter/stm32-timer-cnt.c             |  390 ++++
 drivers/iio/Kconfig                           |    1 -
 drivers/iio/Makefile                          |    1 -
 drivers/iio/counter/Kconfig                   |   34 -
 drivers/iio/counter/Makefile                  |    8 -
 drivers/pwm/pwm-fsl-ftm.c                     |   44 +-
 include/linux/counter.h                       |  510 ++++++
 include/linux/counter_enum.h                  |   45 +
 include/linux/fsl/ftm.h                       |   88 +
 32 files changed, 4877 insertions(+), 148 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-counter
 create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-counter-104-quad-8
 create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-counter-ftm-quaddec
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/counter/ftm-quaddec.txt
 rename Documentation/devicetree/bindings/{iio => }/counter/stm32-lptimer-cnt.txt (100%)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/counter/stm32-timer-cnt.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/driver-api/generic-counter.rst
 rename drivers/{iio => }/counter/104-quad-8.c (44%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/counter/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/counter/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/counter/counter.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/counter/ftm-quaddec.c
 rename drivers/{iio => }/counter/stm32-lptimer-cnt.c (51%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/counter/stm32-timer-cnt.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/iio/counter/Kconfig
 delete mode 100644 drivers/iio/counter/Makefile
 create mode 100644 include/linux/counter.h
 create mode 100644 include/linux/counter_enum.h
 create mode 100644 include/linux/fsl/ftm.h

-- 
2.21.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel