Subject: [PATCHv2 0/2] coresight: Do not default to CPU0 for missing CPU phandle

From: Sai Prakash Ranjan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 00:01:50 +0530

In case of missing CPU phandle, the affinity is set default to
CPU0 which is not a correct assumption. Fix this in coresight
platform to set affinity to invalid and abort the probe in drivers.
Also update the dt-bindings accordingly.

Patch 2 allows the probe of coresight etm and cpu-debug to abort
earlier in case cpus are not available.

v2:
 * Addressed review comments from Suzuki and Mathieu.
 * Allows the probe of etm and cpu-debug to abort earlier
   in case of unavailability of respective cpus.

Sai Prakash Ranjan (2):
  coresight: Do not default to CPU0 for missing CPU phandle
  coresight: Abort probe if cpus are not available

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight.txt |  2 +-
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-cpu-debug.c   |  3 +++
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etm3x.c       |  3 +++
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etm4x.c       |  3 +++
 drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-platform.c    | 13 ++++++++-----
 5 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel