Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Associate ddc adapters with connectors

From: Andrzej Pietrasiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 11:46:34 +0200

It is difficult for a user to know which of the i2c adapters is for which
drm connector. This series addresses this problem.

The idea is to have a symbolic link in connector's sysfs directory, e.g.:

ls -l /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/i2c-2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jun 24 10:42 /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/i2c-2 \
	-> ../../../../soc/13880000.i2c/i2c-2

The user then knows that their card0-HDMI-A-1 uses i2c-2 and can e.g. run
ddcutil:

ddcutil -b 2 getvcp 0x10
VCP code 0x10 (Brightness                    ): current value =    90, max value =   100

The first patch in the series adds struct i2c_adapter pointer to struct
drm_connector. If the field is used by a particular driver, then an
appropriate symbolic link is created by the generic code, which is also added
by this patch.

The second patch is an example of how to convert a driver to this new scheme.

Andrzej Pietrasiewicz (2):
  drm: Include ddc adapter pointer in struct drm_connector
  drm/exynos: Provide ddc symlink in connector's sysfs

 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_sysfs.c          |  9 +++++++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_hdmi.c | 11 +++++------
 include/drm/drm_connector.h          | 11 +++++++++++
 3 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel