Subject: [PATCH 0/4] iommu/io-pgtable: Cleanup and prep for split tables

From: Robin Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 19:19:27 +0100

Hi all,

Although the io-pgtable-arm formats started out with the notion of being
able to provide a complete ready-to-use context for VMSA-compliant users
to consume, the reality is that users inevitably still have to make their
own adjustments to that context anyway. Worse, though, is that some of
that cruft starts actively getting in the way of future work like
supporting split tables using both TTBRs.

These patches clean things up by stripping io-pgatble's context back to
just the parts directly relevant to what it abstracts, and formalising
the expectation that this only forms a basis from which users can
construct their own complete context.

Series based on v2 of "Arm SMMU refactoring" here:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11096263/

Robin.

Robin Murphy (4):
  iommu/io-pgtable-arm: Rationalise MAIR handling
  iommu/io-pgtable-arm: Rationalise TTBRn handling
  iommu/io-pgtable-arm: Rationalise TCR handling
  iommu/io-pgtable-arm: Prepare for TTBR1 usage

 drivers/iommu/arm-smmu-v3.c        | 11 +++--------
 drivers/iommu/arm-smmu.c           | 14 +++++++-------
 drivers/iommu/arm-smmu.h           |  2 ++
 drivers/iommu/io-pgtable-arm-v7s.c | 22 +++++++++-------------
 drivers/iommu/io-pgtable-arm.c     | 23 +++++++++--------------
 drivers/iommu/ipmmu-vmsa.c         |  4 ++--
 drivers/iommu/msm_iommu.c          |  4 ++--
 drivers/iommu/mtk_iommu.c          |  4 ++--
 drivers/iommu/qcom_iommu.c         |  9 ++++-----
 include/linux/io-pgtable.h         |  6 +++---
 10 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 56 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.dirty

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel