Subject: [RFCv4 0/7] interconnect: Add imx support via devfreq

From: Leonard Crestez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 17:36:53 +0300

This series add imx support for interconnect via devfreq: the ICC
framework is used to aggregate requests from devices and then those are
converted to DEV_PM_QOS_MIN_FREQUENCY requests for devfreq.

The devfreq parts are posted separately, this series only intersects in
devicetree: https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11104113/

Since there is no single devicetree node that can represent the "interconnect"
new API is added to allow individual devfreq nodes to act as parsing proxies
all mapping to a single soc-level icc provider. This is still RFC
because this

The rest of the changes are small and deal with review comments.

Changes since RFCv3:
* Remove the virtual "icc" node and add devfreq nodes as proxy providers
* Fix build on 32-bit arm (reported by kbuilt test robot)
* Remove ARCH_MXC_ARM64 (never existed in upstream)
* Remove _numlinks, calculate instead
* Replace __BUSFREQ_H header guard
* Improve commit message and comment spelling
* Fix checkpatch issues
Link to RFCv3: https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11078671/

Changes since RFCv2 and initial work by Alexandre Bailon:
* Relying on devfreq and dev_pm_qos instead of CLK
* No more "platform opp" stuff
* No more special suspend handling: use suspend-opp on devfreq instead.
* Replace all mentions of "busfreq" with "interconnect"
Link to v2: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11056789/

Leonard Crestez (7):
  PM / devfreq: Add devfreq_get_devfreq_by_node
  interconnect: Add of_icc_add_proxy
  dt-bindings: devfreq: imx: Describe interconnect properties
  interconnect: Add imx core driver
  interconnect: imx: Add platform driver for imx8mm
  soc: imx8mm: Register interconnect platform device
  arm64: dts: imx8mm: Add interconnect properties

 .../devicetree/bindings/devfreq/imx-ddrc.yaml |   5 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/devfreq/imx.yaml      |   5 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/imx8mm.dtsi     |   5 +
 drivers/devfreq/devfreq.c                     |  42 ++-
 drivers/interconnect/Kconfig                  |   1 +
 drivers/interconnect/Makefile                 |   1 +
 drivers/interconnect/core.c                   |  88 +++++-
 drivers/interconnect/imx/Kconfig              |   9 +
 drivers/interconnect/imx/Makefile             |   2 +
 drivers/interconnect/imx/imx.c                | 279 ++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/interconnect/imx/imx.h                |  60 ++++
 drivers/interconnect/imx/imx8mm.c             | 105 +++++++
 drivers/soc/imx/soc-imx8.c                    |   4 +
 include/dt-bindings/interconnect/imx8mm.h     |  49 +++
 include/linux/devfreq.h                       |   1 +
 include/linux/interconnect-provider.h         |   7 +
 16 files changed, 645 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/interconnect/imx/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/interconnect/imx/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/interconnect/imx/imx.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/interconnect/imx/imx.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/interconnect/imx/imx8mm.c
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/interconnect/imx8mm.h

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel