Subject: [PATCH 0/4] OMAP3: convert opp-v1 to opp-v2 and read speed binned / 720MHz grade bits

From: "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 19:46:49 +0200

Changes V2:
* fix ti-cpufreq to properly describe what compatible string is legacy
* add some reviewed-by and acked-by Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>

PATCH V1 2019-09-07 08:56:19:
* fix typo in omap3-ldp.dts
  (reported by Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>)
* extend commit message to describe the bit patterns needed
  for opp-supported-hw
* add error check to ioremap()
  (suggested by Christ van Willegen <[email-masked]>)
* update Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/omap/omap.txt
* change bulk update to use "ti,omap3430" and "ti,omap3630"
* update OPP4 of omap3430 to 1275 mV since it was not a valid
  voltage for the twl4030 driver (reported by Tony Lindgren
  <[email-masked]>)

RFC V2 2019-09-04 10:53:43:
* merge separate patch to remove opp-v1 table from n950-n9 into
  the general omap3xxx.dtsi patch
  (suggested by Viresh Kumar <[email-masked]>)
* add legacy compatibility to ti,omap3430 and ti,omap3630 for
  the ti-cpufreq driver
* make driver and omap3xxx.dtsi patches pass checkpatch
* add bulk patch to explicitly define compatibility to ti,omap3430
  and ti,omap36xx in addition to ti,omap3 of all in-tree boards
  where it was missing

RFC V1 2019-09-02 12:55:55:

This patch set converts the omap3 opp tables to opp-v2 format
and extends the ti-cpufreq to support omap3.

It adds 720 MHz (omap34xx) and 1 GHz (omap36xx) OPPs but
tells the ti-cpufreq driver to disable them if the speed
binned / 720MHz grade eFuse bits indicate that the chip
is not rated for that speed. 

It has been tested (for chip variant detection, not reliability
of the high speed OPPs) on:

* BeagleBoard C2 (omap3530 600MHz)
* BeagleBoard XM B (dm3730 800MHz)
* GTA04A4 (dm3730 800MHz)
* GTA04A5 (dm3730 1GHz)

H. Nikolaus Schaller (4):
  cpufreq: ti-cpufreq: add support for omap34xx and omap36xx
  ARM: dts: replace opp-v1 tables by opp-v2 for omap34xx and omap36xx
  ARM: dts: omap3: bulk convert compatible to be explicitly ti,omap3430
    or ti,omap3630 or ti,am3517
  DTS: bindings: omap: update bindings documentation

 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/omap/omap.txt     | 30 +++---
 arch/arm/boot/dts/am3517_mt_ventoux.dts       |  2 +-
 .../boot/dts/logicpd-som-lv-35xx-devkit.dts   |  2 +-
 .../boot/dts/logicpd-torpedo-35xx-devkit.dts  |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-beagle-xm.dts         |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-beagle.dts            |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-cm-t3530.dts          |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-cm-t3730.dts          |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-devkit8000-lcd43.dts  |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-devkit8000-lcd70.dts  |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-devkit8000.dts        |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-gta04.dtsi            |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-ha-lcd.dts            |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-ha.dts                |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-igep0020-rev-f.dts    |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-igep0020.dts          |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-igep0030-rev-g.dts    |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-igep0030.dts          |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-ldp.dts               |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-lilly-a83x.dtsi       |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-lilly-dbb056.dts      |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-n9.dts                |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-n950-n9.dtsi          |  7 --
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-n950.dts              |  2 +-
 .../arm/boot/dts/omap3-overo-storm-alto35.dts |  2 +-
 .../boot/dts/omap3-overo-storm-chestnut43.dts |  2 +-
 .../boot/dts/omap3-overo-storm-gallop43.dts   |  2 +-
 .../arm/boot/dts/omap3-overo-storm-palo35.dts |  2 +-
 .../arm/boot/dts/omap3-overo-storm-palo43.dts |  2 +-
 .../arm/boot/dts/omap3-overo-storm-summit.dts |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-overo-storm-tobi.dts  |  2 +-
 .../boot/dts/omap3-overo-storm-tobiduo.dts    |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-pandora-1ghz.dts      |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-sbc-t3530.dts         |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-sbc-t3730.dts         |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-sniper.dts            |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-thunder.dts           |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-zoom3.dts             |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3430-sdp.dts            |  2 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap34xx.dtsi               | 65 +++++++++++--
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap36xx.dtsi               | 53 +++++++++--
 drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq-dt-platdev.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/cpufreq/ti-cpufreq.c                  | 91 ++++++++++++++++++-
 43 files changed, 245 insertions(+), 77 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel