Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] clk: imx8m: Define gates for pll1/2 dividers

From: Leonard Crestez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 18:24:52 +0300

The fixed dividers for sys_pll1 and sys_pll2 on imx8m each have a gate
attached but they're currently unused so they default to "always on".

Add them to the clk tree for the sake of corectness. This could expose
bugs where parent clocks were not correctly enabled.

The new gates are added between the PLL and fixed dividers and new gates
are enumerated at the end in dt-bindings. This should ensure
compatibility, even though none of these fixed dividers are directly
referenced by peripherals anyway.

There are small differences on imx8mq because the PLL physical
implementation is also different.

Changes since v1:
* Renumber 8mq 8mm clocks to avoid introducing gaps
* Improve imx8mq commit message
Link to v1: https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11141027/

Leonard Crestez (3):
  clk: imx8mq: Define gates for pll1/2 fixed dividers
  clk: imx8mm: Define gates for pll1/2 fixed dividers
  clk: imx8mn: Define gates for pll1/2 fixed dividers

 drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mm.c             | 57 ++++++++++++++--------
 drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mn.c             | 57 ++++++++++++++--------
 drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mq.c             | 62 ++++++++++++++++--------
 include/dt-bindings/clock/imx8mm-clock.h | 19 +++++++-
 include/dt-bindings/clock/imx8mn-clock.h | 19 +++++++-
 include/dt-bindings/clock/imx8mq-clock.h | 22 ++++++++-
 6 files changed, 175 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel