Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] clk: imx8m: Define gates for pll1/2 dividers

From: Leonard Crestez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 11:57:36 +0000

The fixed dividers for sys_pll1 and sys_pll2 on imx8m each have a gate
attached but they're currently unused so they default to "always on".

Add them to the clk tree for the sake of corectness. This could expose
bugs where parent clocks were not correctly enabled.

The new gates are added between the PLL and fixed dividers and new gates
are enumerated at the end in dt-bindings. This should ensure
compatibility, even though none of these fixed dividers are directly
referenced by peripherals anyway.

There are small differences on imx8mq because the PLL physical
implementation is also different.

Changes since v2:
* Rebased on top of next-20191015 which includes recent changes in
shawnguo/clk/imx, solving conflict with commit f0b1d7f2e7c2 ("clk:
imx8mq: Add VIDEO2_PLL clock")
Link to v2: https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11177851/

This was send with a different "email workaround", hopefully the patches
look correct on your send. If they don't please let me know and I'll
resend through another method

Changes since v1:
* Renumber 8mq 8mm clocks to avoid introducing gaps
* Improve imx8mq commit message
Link to v1: https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11141027/

Leonard Crestez (3):
  clk: imx8mq: Define gates for pll1/2 fixed dividers
  clk: imx8mm: Define gates for pll1/2 fixed dividers
  clk: imx8mn: Define gates for pll1/2 fixed dividers

 drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mm.c             | 57 ++++++++++++++--------
 drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mn.c             | 57 ++++++++++++++--------
 drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mq.c             | 61 ++++++++++++++++--------
 include/dt-bindings/clock/imx8mm-clock.h | 19 +++++++-
 include/dt-bindings/clock/imx8mn-clock.h | 19 +++++++-
 include/dt-bindings/clock/imx8mq-clock.h | 22 ++++++++-
 6 files changed, 174 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel