Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] firmware: imx: Align imx SC msg structs to 4

From: Leonard Crestez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 18:29:31 +0200

The imx SC api strongly assumes that messages are composed out of
4-bytes words but some of our message structs have sizeof "6" and "7".

This produces many oopses with CONFIG_KASAN=y:

	BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in imx_mu_send_data+0x108/0x1f0

It shouldn't cause an issues in normal use because these structs are
always allocated on the stack but tools like KASAN are very useful on
stable kernels.

Chnages since v1:
* Split into many patches with individual fixes: tags
Link to v1: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11376909/

Leonard Crestez (8):
  clk: imx: Align imx sc clock msg structs to 4
  clk: imx: Align imx sc clock parent msg structs to 4
  firmware: imx: misc: Align imx sc msg structs to 4
  firmware: imx: scu-pd: Align imx sc msg structs to 4
  firmware: imx: Align imx_sc_msg_req_cpu_start to 4
  pinctrl: imx: scu: Align imx sc msg structs to 4
  rtc: imx-sc: Align imx sc msg structs to 4
  soc: imx-scu: Align imx sc msg structs to 4

 drivers/clk/imx/clk-scu.c               | 8 ++++----
 drivers/firmware/imx/misc.c             | 8 ++++----
 drivers/firmware/imx/scu-pd.c           | 2 +-
 drivers/pinctrl/freescale/pinctrl-scu.c | 4 ++--
 drivers/rtc/rtc-imx-sc.c                | 2 +-
 drivers/soc/imx/soc-imx-scu.c           | 2 +-
 6 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel