Subject: [PATCH 0/1] phy: fsl-imx8-mipi-dphy: Hook into runtime pm

From: Guido Günther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 16:53:33 +0100

This allows us to shut down the mipi power domain on the SOC.  The
alternative would be to drop the dphy from the mipi power domain in the
SOCs device tree and only have the DSI host controller visible there
(and rely on the phy layer's built in runtime pm handling) but this
makes the power domain dependency less explicit.

Currently the pm domain can't be shut off when blanking the panel:

pm_genpd_summary
domain                          status          slaves
    /device                                             runtime status
----------------------------------------------------------------------
mipi                            on
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00300.dphy  unsupported
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00000.mipi_dsi  suspended

while with this we can shut down the power domain on panel blank:

mipi                            off-0
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00300.dphy  suspended
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00000.mipi_dsi  suspended

This is similar to what drivers/phy/rockchip/phy-rockchip-inno-dsidphy.c
does.

Patch is against next-20200217

Guido Günther (1):
  phy: fsl-imx8-mipi-dphy: Hook into runtime pm

 .../phy/freescale/phy-fsl-imx8-mipi-dphy.c    | 22 ++++++++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 21 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.23.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel