Subject: [PATCH 0/4] media Kconfig reorg - part 2

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:03:53 +0100

That's the second part of media Kconfig changes. The entire series is
at:

	https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/log/?h=media-kconfig

It addresses some issues I noticed when reviewing the series, and do
some changes on how things will be displayed.

It also simplify dependencencies on media-controller-dependent drivers,
by auto-selecting the needed deps.

It should be noticed that the media controller may also optionally
selected for several other drivers, so there is still a prompt to allow
manually enabling it, in the case it was not auto-selected.

PS.: While not needed anymore, because all dependent drivers auto
select, at least for now, I opted to keep the prompt for:

- VIDEO_V4L2_SUBDEV_API

  The rationale is that there are a few drivers that can optionally depend
  on it (like tvp5150). So, better to keep the dependency, in order to be
  able to test those drivers with and without the option.

- MEDIA_CONTROLLER_REQUEST_API

  The rationale is that there are some warnings at the Request API, and
  it would be good to keep it, at least while drivers are on staging.

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (4):
  media: dvb-core: Kconfig: default to use dynamic minors
  media: Kconfig files: use select for V4L2 subdevs and MC
  media: i2c/Kconfig: reorganize items there
  media: Kconfig: don't use visible for device type select

 drivers/media/Kconfig                         |  25 +-
 drivers/media/dvb-core/Kconfig                |   1 +
 drivers/media/i2c/Kconfig                     | 406 +++++++++++-------
 drivers/media/i2c/et8ek8/Kconfig              |   4 +-
 drivers/media/i2c/m5mols/Kconfig              |   5 +-
 drivers/media/i2c/smiapp/Kconfig              |   5 +-
 drivers/media/pci/cobalt/Kconfig              |   4 +-
 drivers/media/pci/intel/ipu3/Kconfig          |   4 +-
 drivers/media/pci/sta2x11/Kconfig             |   6 +-
 drivers/media/platform/Kconfig                |  28 +-
 drivers/media/platform/am437x/Kconfig         |   4 +-
 drivers/media/platform/atmel/Kconfig          |   4 +-
 drivers/media/platform/cadence/Kconfig        |   8 +-
 drivers/media/platform/exynos4-is/Kconfig     |   5 +-
 drivers/media/platform/rcar-vin/Kconfig       |   8 +-
 .../media/platform/sunxi/sun4i-csi/Kconfig    |   4 +-
 .../media/platform/sunxi/sun6i-csi/Kconfig    |   4 +-
 drivers/media/platform/xilinx/Kconfig         |   4 +-
 drivers/media/spi/Kconfig                     |   4 +-
 drivers/media/test_drivers/vimc/Kconfig       |   4 +-
 drivers/staging/media/hantro/Kconfig          |   5 +-
 drivers/staging/media/imx/Kconfig             |   5 +-
 drivers/staging/media/ipu3/Kconfig            |   3 +-
 drivers/staging/media/omap4iss/Kconfig        |   4 +-
 drivers/staging/media/rkisp1/Kconfig          |   4 +-
 drivers/staging/media/sunxi/cedrus/Kconfig    |   5 +-
 26 files changed, 349 insertions(+), 214 deletions(-)

-- 
2.25.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel