Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] Move CEC drivers and menu to be out of MEDIA_SUPPORT

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 12:31:31 +0200

The CEC_CORE doesn't depend on MEDIA_SUPPORT. So, it doesn't make
much sense to keep it under its menu.

This series move it to be just after RC support. As a side effect, now
dependencies like PCI and USB are now selected, making easier to
enable CEC drivers.

- v2:
  - move more CEC drivers from platform/
  - rename kconfig options to be more coherent

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (6):
  media: cec: move the core to a separate directory
  media: place CEC menu before MEDIA_SUPPORT
  media: move CEC platform drivers to a separate directory
  media: move CEC USB drivers to a separate directory
  media: cec: rename CEC platform drivers config options
  media: cec: rename USB config options

 arch/arm/configs/exynos_defconfig             |   2 +-
 arch/arm/configs/multi_v7_defconfig           |   2 +-
 drivers/media/Kconfig                         |  30 +----
 drivers/media/cec/Kconfig                     |  25 ++++
 drivers/media/cec/Makefile                    |  16 +--
 drivers/media/cec/core/Makefile               |  16 +++
 drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-adap.c       |   0
 drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-api.c        |   0
 drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-core.c       |   0
 drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-notifier.c   |   0
 .../media/cec/{ => core}/cec-pin-error-inj.c  |   0
 drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-pin-priv.h   |   0
 drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-pin.c        |   0
 drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-priv.h       |   0
 drivers/media/cec/platform/Kconfig            | 121 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/media/cec/platform/Makefile           |  14 ++
 .../{ => cec}/platform/cec-gpio/Makefile      |   0
 .../{ => cec}/platform/cec-gpio/cec-gpio.c    |   0
 drivers/media/cec/platform/cros-ec/Makefile   |   2 +
 .../platform/cros-ec}/cros-ec-cec.c           |   0
 drivers/media/cec/platform/meson/Makefile     |   3 +
 .../{ => cec}/platform/meson/ao-cec-g12a.c    |   0
 .../media/{ => cec}/platform/meson/ao-cec.c   |   0
 .../s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/Makefile     |   2 +-
 .../platform/s5p}/exynos_hdmi_cec.h           |   0
 .../platform/s5p}/exynos_hdmi_cecctrl.c       |   0
 .../s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/regs-cec.h   |   0
 .../s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/s5p_cec.c    |   0
 .../s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/s5p_cec.h    |   0
 drivers/media/cec/platform/seco/Makefile      |   2 +
 .../seco-cec => cec/platform/seco}/seco-cec.c |   2 +-
 .../seco-cec => cec/platform/seco}/seco-cec.h |   0
 drivers/media/cec/platform/sti/Makefile       |   2 +
 .../sti/cec => cec/platform/sti}/stih-cec.c   |   0
 drivers/media/cec/platform/stm32/Makefile     |   2 +
 .../{ => cec}/platform/stm32/stm32-cec.c      |   0
 drivers/media/cec/platform/tegra/Makefile     |   2 +
 .../platform/tegra}/tegra_cec.c               |   0
 .../platform/tegra}/tegra_cec.h               |   0
 drivers/media/cec/usb/Kconfig                 |   6 +
 drivers/media/cec/usb/Makefile                |   6 +
 .../pulse8-cec => cec/usb/pulse8}/Kconfig     |   5 +-
 drivers/media/cec/usb/pulse8/Makefile         |   2 +
 .../usb/pulse8}/pulse8-cec.c                  |   0
 .../usb/rainshadow}/Kconfig                   |   5 +-
 drivers/media/cec/usb/rainshadow/Makefile     |   2 +
 .../usb/rainshadow}/rainshadow-cec.c          |   0
 drivers/media/platform/Kconfig                | 125 ------------------
 drivers/media/platform/Makefile               |  12 --
 drivers/media/platform/cros-ec-cec/Makefile   |   2 -
 drivers/media/platform/meson/Makefile         |   3 -
 drivers/media/platform/seco-cec/Makefile      |   2 -
 drivers/media/platform/sti/cec/Makefile       |   2 -
 drivers/media/platform/stm32/Makefile         |   1 -
 drivers/media/platform/tegra-cec/Makefile     |   2 -
 drivers/media/usb/Kconfig                     |   6 -
 drivers/media/usb/Makefile                    |   2 -
 drivers/media/usb/pulse8-cec/Makefile         |   2 -
 drivers/media/usb/rainshadow-cec/Makefile     |   2 -
 59 files changed, 218 insertions(+), 212 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/core/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-adap.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-api.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-core.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-notifier.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-pin-error-inj.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-pin-priv.h (100%)
 rename drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-pin.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/cec/{ => core}/cec-priv.h (100%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/platform/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/platform/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{ => cec}/platform/cec-gpio/Makefile (100%)
 rename drivers/media/{ => cec}/platform/cec-gpio/cec-gpio.c (100%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/platform/cros-ec/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{platform/cros-ec-cec => cec/platform/cros-ec}/cros-ec-cec.c (100%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/platform/meson/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{ => cec}/platform/meson/ao-cec-g12a.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/{ => cec}/platform/meson/ao-cec.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/{platform/s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/Makefile (63%)
 rename drivers/media/{platform/s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/exynos_hdmi_cec.h (100%)
 rename drivers/media/{platform/s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/exynos_hdmi_cecctrl.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/{platform/s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/regs-cec.h (100%)
 rename drivers/media/{platform/s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/s5p_cec.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/{platform/s5p-cec => cec/platform/s5p}/s5p_cec.h (100%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/platform/seco/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{platform/seco-cec => cec/platform/seco}/seco-cec.c (99%)
 rename drivers/media/{platform/seco-cec => cec/platform/seco}/seco-cec.h (100%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/platform/sti/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{platform/sti/cec => cec/platform/sti}/stih-cec.c (100%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/platform/stm32/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{ => cec}/platform/stm32/stm32-cec.c (100%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/platform/tegra/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{platform/tegra-cec => cec/platform/tegra}/tegra_cec.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/{platform/tegra-cec => cec/platform/tegra}/tegra_cec.h (100%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/usb/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/usb/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{usb/pulse8-cec => cec/usb/pulse8}/Kconfig (86%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/usb/pulse8/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{usb/pulse8-cec => cec/usb/pulse8}/pulse8-cec.c (100%)
 rename drivers/media/{usb/rainshadow-cec => cec/usb/rainshadow}/Kconfig (85%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/media/cec/usb/rainshadow/Makefile
 rename drivers/media/{usb/rainshadow-cec => cec/usb/rainshadow}/rainshadow-cec.c (100%)
 delete mode 100644 drivers/media/platform/cros-ec-cec/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 drivers/media/platform/meson/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 drivers/media/platform/seco-cec/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 drivers/media/platform/sti/cec/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 drivers/media/platform/tegra-cec/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 drivers/media/usb/pulse8-cec/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 drivers/media/usb/rainshadow-cec/Makefile

-- 
2.25.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel