Subject: [PATCH 0/5] net: macb: Wake-on-Lan magic packet fixes and GEM handling

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 19:44:27 +0200

From: Nicolas Ferre <[email-masked]>

Hi,
Here are some of my patches in order to fix WoL magic-packet on the current
macb driver.
I also add, in the second part of this series the feature to GEM types of IPs.
Please tell me if they should be separated; but the two last patches cannot go
without the 3 fixes first ones.

MACB and GEM code must co-exist and as they don't share exactly the same
register layout, I had to specialize a bit the suspend/resume paths and plug a
specific IRQ handler in order to avoid overloading the "normal" IRQ hot path.

The use of dumb buffers for RX that Harini implemented in [1] might
need to be considered for a follow-up patch series in order to address
lower-power modes on some of the platforms.
For instance, I didn't have to implement dumb buffers for some of the simpler
ARM9 platforms using MACB+FIFO types of controllers.

Please give feedback. Best regards,
  Nicolas

[1]:
https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx/commit/e9648006e8d9132db2594e50e700af362b3c9226#diff-41909d180431659ccc1229aa30fd4e5a
https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx/commit/60a21c686f7e4e50489ae04b9bb1980b145e52ef

Nicolas Ferre (5):
  net: macb: fix wakeup test in runtime suspend/resume routines
  net: macb: mark device wake capable when "magic-packet" property
    present
  net: macb: fix macb_get/set_wol() when moving to phylink
  net: macb: WoL support for GEM type of Ethernet controller
  net: macb: Add WoL interrupt support for MACB type of Ethernet
    controller

 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb.h      |   3 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb_main.c | 181 +++++++++++++++++++----
 2 files changed, 158 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel