Subject: [PATCH v4 0/3] Add Actions Semi Owl family sirq support

From: Cristian Ciocaltea <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 14:33:53 +0300

This patch series adds support for the external interrupt controller
(SIRQ) found in Actions Semi Owl famil of SoC's (S500, S700 and S900).
The controller allows connecting up to 3 external interrupt controllers
through dedicated SIRQ pins.

This is a rework of the patch series submitted some time ago by 
Parthiban Nallathambi: 
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

Please note I have dropped, for the moment, the S700 related patches 
since I do not own a compatible hardware for testing. I'm using, 
instead, an S500 SoC based board for which I have already provided an
initial support:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

The SIRQ controller support is a prerequisite of the soon to be
submitted MFD driver for the Actions Semi ATC260x PMICs.

Thanks and regards,
Cristi

Changes in v4:
- Simplified the DTS structure:
  * dropped 'actions,sirq-shared-reg' node, now the differentiation
    between SoC variants is handled now via the compatible property
  * dropped 'actions,sirq-reg-offset', now controller base address in
    DTS points to SIRQ0 register, so no additional information is 
	required for S500 and S700, while for S900 SoC the offsets of SIRQ1
	and SIRQ2 regs are provided by the driver
  * 'actions,ext-irq-range' was replaced with 'actions,ext-interrupts',
    an array of the GIC interrupts triggered by the controller
- Fixed wrong INTC_EXTCTL_TYPE_MASK definition
- Removed redundant irq_fwspec checks in owl_sirq_domain_alloc()
- Improved error handling in owl_sirq_of_init()
- Added yaml binding document
- Dropped S700 related DTS patches for lack of testing hardware:
  * arm64: dts: actions: Add sirq node for Actions Semi S700
  * arm64: dts: actions: s700-cubieboard7: Enable SIRQ
- Updated MAINTAINERS
- Rebased patchset on kernel v5.8
- Cosmetic changes
 * Ordered include statements alphabetically
 * Added comment to owl_sirq_set_type() describing conversion of falling
   edge or active low signals
 * Replaced IRQF_TRIGGER_* with corresponding IRQ_TYPE_* variants
 * Ensured data types and function naming are consistent regarding the
   'owl_sirq' prefix

Changes in v3 (Parthiban Nallathambi):
- Set default operating frequency to 24MHz
- Falling edge and Low Level interrupts translated to rising edge and high level
- Introduced common function with lock handling for register read and write
- Used direct GIC interrupt number for interrupt local hwirq and finding offset
using DT entry (range) when registers are shared 
- Changed irq_ack to irq_eoi
- Added translation method for irq_domain_ops
- Clearing interrupt pending based on bitmask for edge triggered
- Added pinctrl definition for sirq for cubieboard7. This depends on,
https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1012859/

Changes in v2 (Parthiban Nallathambi):
- Added SIRQ as hierarchical chip
        GIC <----> SIRQ <----> External interrupt controller/Child devices
- Device binding updates with vendor prefix
- Register sharing handled globally and common init sequence/data for all
actions SoC family

Cristian Ciocaltea (3):
  dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: Add Actions SIRQ controller binding
  irqchip: Add Actions Semi Owl SIRQ controller
  MAINTAINERS: Add entries for Actions Semi Owl SIRQ controller

 .../actions,owl-sirq.yaml                     |  69 ++++
 MAINTAINERS                                   |   2 +
 drivers/irqchip/Makefile                      |   1 +
 drivers/irqchip/irq-owl-sirq.c                | 318 ++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 390 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/interrupt-controller/actions,owl-sirq.yaml
 create mode 100644 drivers/irqchip/irq-owl-sirq.c

-- 
2.28.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel