Subject: [PATCH 00/18] Convert arch/arm to use iommu-dma

From: Robin Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 16:08:19 +0100

Hi all,

After 5 years or so of intending to get round to this, finally the
time comes! The changes themselves actualy turn out to be relatively
mechanical; the bigger concern appears to be how to get everything
merged across about 5 diffferent trees given the dependencies.

I've lightly boot-tested things on Rockchip RK3288 and Exynos 4412
(Odroid-U3), to the degree that their display drivers should be using
IOMMU-backed buffers and don't explode (the Odroid doesn't manage to
send a working HDMI signal to the one monitor I have that it actually
detects, but that's a pre-existing condition...) Confirmation that the
Mediatek, OMAP and Tegra changes work will be most welcome.

Patches are based on 5.9-rc1, branch available here:

  git://linux-arm.org/linux-rm arm/dma

Robin.

Robin Murphy (18):
  ARM/dma-mapping: Drop .dma_supported for IOMMU ops
  ARM/dma-mapping: Consolidate IOMMU ops callbacks
  ARM/dma-mapping: Merge IOMMU ops
  iommu/dma: Add temporary hacks for arch/arm
  ARM/dma-mapping: Switch to iommu_dma_ops
  ARM/dma-mapping: Support IOMMU default domains
  iommu/arm-smmu: Remove arch/arm workaround
  iommu/renesas: Remove arch/arm workaround
  iommu/mediatek-v1: Add IOMMU_DOMAIN_DMA support
  iommu/msm: Add IOMMU_DOMAIN_DMA support
  iommu/omap: Add IOMMU_DOMAIN_DMA support
  iommu/tegra-gart: Add IOMMU_DOMAIN_DMA support
  iommu/tegra: Add IOMMU_DOMAIN_DMA support
  drm/exynos: Consolidate IOMMU mapping code
  drm/nouveau/tegra: Clean up IOMMU workaround
  staging/media/tegra-vde: Clean up IOMMU workaround
  media/omap3isp: Clean up IOMMU workaround
  ARM/dma-mapping: Remove legacy dma-iommu API

 arch/arm/Kconfig                              |   28 +-
 arch/arm/common/dmabounce.c                   |    1 -
 arch/arm/include/asm/device.h                 |    9 -
 arch/arm/include/asm/dma-iommu.h              |   37 -
 arch/arm/mm/dma-mapping.c                     | 1198 +----------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos5433_drm_decon.c |    5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos7_drm_decon.c    |    5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_dma.c       |   61 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_drv.h       |    6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_fimc.c      |    5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_fimd.c      |    5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_g2d.c       |    5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_gsc.c       |    5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_rotator.c   |    5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_scaler.c    |    6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_mixer.c         |    7 +-
 .../drm/nouveau/nvkm/engine/device/tegra.c    |   13 -
 drivers/iommu/Kconfig                         |    8 -
 drivers/iommu/arm/arm-smmu/arm-smmu.c         |   10 -
 drivers/iommu/ipmmu-vmsa.c                    |   69 -
 drivers/iommu/msm_iommu.c                     |    7 +-
 drivers/iommu/mtk_iommu.h                     |    2 -
 drivers/iommu/mtk_iommu_v1.c                  |  153 +--
 drivers/iommu/omap-iommu.c                    |   22 +-
 drivers/iommu/tegra-gart.c                    |   17 +-
 drivers/iommu/tegra-smmu.c                    |   37 +-
 drivers/media/platform/Kconfig                |    1 -
 drivers/media/platform/omap3isp/isp.c         |   68 +-
 drivers/media/platform/omap3isp/isp.h         |    3 -
 drivers/staging/media/tegra-vde/iommu.c       |   12 -
 30 files changed, 150 insertions(+), 1660 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/include/asm/dma-iommu.h

-- 
2.28.0.dirty

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel