Subject: [PATCH v2] arm64/mm: add fallback option to allocate virtually

From: Sudarshan Rajagopalan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 16:13:24 -0700

V1: The initial patch used the approach to abort at the first instance of PMD_SIZE
allocation failure, unmaps all previously mapped sections using vmemmap_free
and maps the entire request with vmemmap_populate_basepages to allocate
virtually contiguous memory.
https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/9/10/66

V2: Allocates virtually contiguous memory only for sections that failed
PMD_SIZE allocation, and continues to allocate physically contiguous
memory for other sections.

Sudarshan Rajagopalan (1):
  arm64/mm: add fallback option to allocate virtually contiguous memory

 arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c | 14 ++++++++++++--
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel