Subject: [PATCHv7 0/7] System Cache support for GPU and required SMMU support

From: Sai Prakash Ranjan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 14:53:07 +0530

Some hardware variants contain a system cache or the last level
cache(llc). This cache is typically a large block which is shared
by multiple clients on the SOC. GPU uses the system cache to cache
both the GPU data buffers(like textures) as well the SMMU pagetables.
This helps with improved render performance as well as lower power
consumption by reducing the bus traffic to the system memory.

The system cache architecture allows the cache to be split into slices
which then be used by multiple SOC clients. This patch series is an
effort to enable and use two of those slices preallocated for the GPU,
one for the GPU data buffers and another for the GPU SMMU hardware
pagetables.

Patch 1 - Patch 5 adds system cache support in SMMU and GPU driver.
Patch 6 and 7 are minor cleanups for arm-smmu impl.

Changes in v7:
 * Squash Jordan's patch to support MMU500 targets
 * Rebase on top of for-joerg/arm-smmu/updates and Jordan's short series for adreno-smmu impl

Changes in v6:
 * Move table to arm-smmu-qcom (Robin)

Changes in v5:
 * Drop cleanup of blank lines since it was intentional (Robin)
 * Rebase again on top of msm-next-pgtables as it moves pretty fast

Changes in v4:
 * Drop IOMMU_SYS_CACHE prot flag
 * Rebase on top of https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/msm/-/tree/msm-next-pgtables

Changes in v3:
 * Fix domain attribute setting to before iommu_attach_device()
 * Fix few code style and checkpatch warnings
 * Rebase on top of Jordan's latest split pagetables and per-instance
   pagetables support

Changes in v2:
 * Addressed review comments and rebased on top of Jordan's split
   pagetables series

Jordan Crouse (1):
  drm/msm/a6xx: Add support for using system cache on MMU500 based
    targets

Sai Prakash Ranjan (4):
  iommu/io-pgtable-arm: Add support to use system cache
  iommu/arm-smmu: Add domain attribute for system cache
  iommu: arm-smmu-impl: Use table to list QCOM implementations
  iommu: arm-smmu-impl: Add a space before open parenthesis

Sharat Masetty (2):
  drm/msm: rearrange the gpu_rmw() function
  drm/msm/a6xx: Add support for using system cache(LLC)

 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a6xx_gpu.c      | 109 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a6xx_gpu.h      |   5 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/adreno_gpu.c    |  17 ++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_drv.c              |   8 ++
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_drv.h              |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gpu.h              |   5 +-
 drivers/iommu/arm/arm-smmu/arm-smmu-impl.c |  11 +--
 drivers/iommu/arm/arm-smmu/arm-smmu-qcom.c |  21 +++-
 drivers/iommu/arm/arm-smmu/arm-smmu.c      |  17 ++++
 drivers/iommu/arm/arm-smmu/arm-smmu.h      |   2 +-
 drivers/iommu/io-pgtable-arm.c             |   7 +-
 include/linux/io-pgtable.h                 |   4 +
 include/linux/iommu.h                      |   1 +
 13 files changed, 188 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

base-commit: f9081b8ff5934b8d69c748d0200e844cadd2c667
prerequisite-patch-id: db09851f375ca5efde35f2e5c21b3959eed7d8a8
prerequisite-patch-id: 55c6af17808c2047b67cdbd04af5541156ef496e
prerequisite-patch-id: e82c1e678da701e112ac255ea966c6797d975692
prerequisite-patch-id: f7978f5f2fb06528b7a1f75fa4255e386a30b91a
-- 
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel