Subject: [PATCH 0/5] gpio: mvebu: Armada 8K/7K PWM support

From: Baruch Siach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 12:30:41 +0200

The gpio-mvebu driver supports the PWM functionality of the GPIO block for 
earlier Armada variants like XP, 370 and 38x. This series extends support to 
newer Armada variants that use CP11x and AP80x, like Armada 8K and 7K.

This series adds adds the 'pwm-offset' property to DT binding. 'pwm-offset' 
points to the base of A/B counter registers that determine the PWM period and 
duty cycle.

The existing PWM DT binding reflects an arbitrary decision to allocate the A 
counter to the first GPIO block, and B counter to the other one. In attempt to 
provide better future flexibility, the new 'pwm-offset' property always points 
to the base address of both A/B counters. The driver code still allocates the 
counters in the same way, but this might change in the future with no change to
the DT.

Tested AP806 and CP110 (both) on Armada 8040 based system.

Baruch Siach (5):
  gpio: mvebu: update Armada XP per-CPU comment
  gpio: mvebu: switch pwm duration registers to regmap
  gpio: mvebu: add pwm support for Armada 8K/7K
  arm64: dts: armada: add pwm offsets for ap/cp gpios
  dt-bindings: ap806: document gpio pwm-offset property

 .../arm/marvell/ap80x-system-controller.txt   |   8 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-ap80x.dtsi |   3 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-cp11x.dtsi |  10 ++
 drivers/gpio/gpio-mvebu.c                     | 165 +++++++++++-------
 4 files changed, 124 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel