Subject: [PATCH v1 0/1] drm: mxsfb: Silence -EPROBE_DEFER while waiting for bridge

From: Guido Günther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 09:23:37 +0100

It can take multiple iterations until all components for an attached DSI
bridge are up leading to several:

[    3.796425] mxsfb 30320000.lcd-controller: Cannot connect bridge: -517
[    3.816952] mxsfb 30320000.lcd-controller: [drm:mxsfb_probe [mxsfb]] *ERROR* failed to attach bridge: -517

Silence this by checking for -EPROBE_DEFER and using dev_err_probe() so
we set a deferred reason in case a dependency fails to probe (which
quickly happens on small config/DT changes due to the rather long probe
chain which can include bridges, phys, panels, backights, leds, etc.).

This also removes the only DRM_DEV_ERROR() usage, the rest of the driver
uses dev_err().

Guido Günther (1):
  drm: mxsfb: Silence -EPROBE_DEFER while waiting for bridge

 drivers/gpu/drm/mxsfb/mxsfb_drv.c | 10 ++++------
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel