Subject: [PATCH v2 0/1] phy: fsl-imx8-mipi-dphy: Hook into runtime pm

From: Guido Günther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 12:27:27 +0100

This allows us to shut down the mipi power domain on the imx8. The alternative
would be to drop the dphy from the mipi power domain in the SOCs device tree
and only have the DSI host controller visible there but since the PD is mostly
about the PHY that would defeat it's purpose.

This is basically a resend from February 2020 which went without feedback.

This allows to shut off the power domain hen blanking the LCD panel:

pm_genpd_summary before:

domain                          status          slaves
    /device                                             runtime status
----------------------------------------------------------------------
mipi                            on
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00300.dphy  unsupported
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00000.mipi_dsi  suspended

after:

mipi                            off-0
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00300.dphy  suspended
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00000.mipi_dsi  suspended

Changes from v1:
 - Tweak commit message slightly

Guido Günther (1):
  phy: fsl-imx8-mipi-dphy: Hook into runtime pm

 .../phy/freescale/phy-fsl-imx8-mipi-dphy.c    | 22 ++++++++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 21 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.29.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel