Subject: [PATCH 00/13] opp: Implement dev_pm_opp_set_opp()

From: Viresh Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 16:47:40 +0530

Hello,

This patchset implements a new API dev_pm_opp_set_opp(), which
configures the devices represented by an opp table to a particular opp.
The opp core supports a wide variety of devices now, some of them can
change frequency and other properties (like CPUs), while others can just
change their pstates or regulators (like power domains) and then there
are others which can change their bandwidth as well (interconnects).
Instead of having separate implementations for all of them, where all
will eventually lack something or the other, lets try to implement a
common solution for everyone. This takes care of setting regulators, bw,
required opps, etc for all device types.

Dmitry, please go ahead and try this series. This is based of opp tree's
linux-next branch.

Sibi, since you added dev_pm_opp_set_bw() earlier, it would be good if
you can give this a try. In case this breaks anything for you.

I have already tested this on hikey board for CPU devices.

To get this tested better and as early as possible, I have pushed it
here:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vireshk/pm.git opp/linux-next

This will be part of linux-next tomorrow.

Note, all the patches need to go through OPP tree here. Please provide
your Acks for platform specific bits.

--
Viresh

Viresh Kumar (13):
  opp: Rename _opp_set_rate_zero()
  opp: No need to check clk for errors
  opp: Keep track of currently programmed OPP
  opp: Split _set_opp() out of dev_pm_opp_set_rate()
  opp: Allow _set_opp() to work for non-freq devices
  opp: Allow _generic_set_opp_regulator() to work for non-freq devices
  opp: Allow _generic_set_opp_clk_only() to work for non-freq devices
  opp: Update parameters of  _set_opp_custom()
  opp: Implement dev_pm_opp_set_opp()
  cpufreq: qcom: Migrate to dev_pm_opp_set_opp()
  devfreq: tegra30: Migrate to dev_pm_opp_set_opp()
  drm: msm: Migrate to dev_pm_opp_set_opp()
  opp: Remove dev_pm_opp_set_bw()

 drivers/cpufreq/qcom-cpufreq-hw.c     |   2 +-
 drivers/devfreq/tegra30-devfreq.c     |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a6xx_gmu.c |   8 +-
 drivers/opp/core.c                    | 314 ++++++++++++++------------
 drivers/opp/opp.h                     |   2 +
 include/linux/pm_opp.h                |   6 +-
 6 files changed, 184 insertions(+), 150 deletions(-)

-- 
2.25.0.rc1.19.g042ed3e048af

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel