Subject: [PATCH v5 0/2] phy: fsl-imx8-mipi-dphy: Hook into runtime pm

From: Guido Günther <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 13:40:19 +0200

This allows us to shut down the mipi power domain on the imx8. The alternative
would be to drop the dphy from the mipi power domain in the SOCs device tree
and only have the DSI host controller visible there but since the PD is mostly
about the PHY that would defeat it's purpose.

This allows to shut off the power domain when blanking the LCD panel:

pm_genpd_summary before:

domain                          status          slaves
    /device                                             runtime status
----------------------------------------------------------------------
mipi                            on
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00300.dphy  unsupported
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00000.mipi_dsi  suspended

after:

mipi                            off-0
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00300.dphy  suspended
    /devices/platform/soc@0/soc@0:bus@30800000/30a00000.mipi_dsi  suspended

Changes from v1:
 - Tweak commit message slightly

Changes from v2:
  - As per review comment by Lucas Stach
    https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/
    Check for pm_runtime_get_sync failure

Changes from v3:
  - As per review comment by Liu Ying
    https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/
    https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/
    - Use phy layers runtime pm
    - simplify mixel_dphy_remove

Chanes from v4:
  - As per review comment by Liu Ying
    https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/
    - Disable after probe errors
    - core: increment device usage count on .configure as well

Guido Günther (2):
  phy: core: Use runtime pm during configure too
  phy: fsl-imx8-mipi-dphy: Hook into runtime pm

 drivers/phy/freescale/phy-fsl-imx8-mipi-dphy.c | 13 +++++++++++++
 drivers/phy/phy-core.c                         |  6 ++++++
 2 files changed, 19 insertions(+)

-- 
2.30.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel