Subject: [PATCH 00/25] Fix some PM runtime issues at the media subsystem

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 11:41:50 +0200

As part of an effort to cleanup pm_runtime*get* calls, I detected a number
of issues at the media subsystem.

Most of the patches here were submitted previously at:

	https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/[email-masked]/

This series contain just the bug fixes and other related issues that are
present with the current code on media.

It address the points from the existing reviews. I also did my own
set of reviews, in order to avoid regressions.

Changes from v4 of the previous changeset:

- reworked i2c/css RPM get logic;
- dropped two patches that could cause regressions;
- am437x: keep using pm_runtime_get_sync on suspend/resume;
- atmel: fix the returned code and add a print on failures at start streaming;
- simplify some checks for return code > 0;
- mdk-vcodec: properly handle RPM errors at device on logic;
- venus: rework venus_sys_error_handler() logic;
- sti/delta: fix an issue at the error checking logic.

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (25):
  staging: media: rkvdec: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  staging: media: imx7-mipi-csis: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: venus: Rework error fail recover logic
  media: s5p_cec: decrement usage count if disabled
  media: i2c: ccs-core: return the right error code at suspend
  media: i2c: imx334: fix the pm runtime get logic
  media: exynos-gsc: don't resume at remove time
  media: atmel: properly get pm_runtime
  media: hantro: do a PM resume earlier
  media: marvel-ccic: fix some issues when getting pm_runtime
  media: mdk-mdp: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: rcar_fdp1: simplify error check logic at fdp_open()
  media: rcar_fdp1: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: renesas-ceu: Properly check for PM errors
  media: s5p: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: am437x: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: sh_vou: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: mtk-vcodec: fix PM runtime get logic
  media: s5p-jpeg: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: sti/delta: use pm_runtime_resume_and_get()
  media: sunxi: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: sti/bdisp: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: exynos4-is: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: exynos-gsc: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count
  media: i2c: ccs-core: fix pm_runtime_get_sync() usage count

 drivers/media/cec/platform/s5p/s5p_cec.c      |  7 ++-
 drivers/media/i2c/ccs/ccs-core.c              | 41 ++++++++-----
 drivers/media/i2c/imx334.c                    |  7 ++-
 drivers/media/platform/am437x/am437x-vpfe.c   | 15 ++++-
 drivers/media/platform/atmel/atmel-isc-base.c | 30 +++++++---
 drivers/media/platform/atmel/atmel-isi.c      | 19 ++++--
 drivers/media/platform/exynos-gsc/gsc-core.c  | 11 ++--
 drivers/media/platform/exynos-gsc/gsc-m2m.c   |  4 +-
 .../media/platform/exynos4-is/fimc-capture.c  |  6 +-
 drivers/media/platform/exynos4-is/fimc-is.c   |  4 +-
 .../platform/exynos4-is/fimc-isp-video.c      |  3 +-
 drivers/media/platform/exynos4-is/fimc-isp.c  |  7 +--
 drivers/media/platform/exynos4-is/fimc-lite.c |  5 +-
 drivers/media/platform/exynos4-is/fimc-m2m.c  |  5 +-
 drivers/media/platform/exynos4-is/media-dev.c |  9 +--
 drivers/media/platform/exynos4-is/mipi-csis.c | 10 ++--
 .../media/platform/marvell-ccic/mcam-core.c   |  9 ++-
 drivers/media/platform/mtk-mdp/mtk_mdp_m2m.c  |  6 +-
 .../platform/mtk-vcodec/mtk_vcodec_dec_drv.c  |  4 +-
 .../platform/mtk-vcodec/mtk_vcodec_dec_pm.c   |  8 ++-
 .../platform/mtk-vcodec/mtk_vcodec_dec_pm.h   |  2 +-
 drivers/media/platform/qcom/venus/core.c      | 59 +++++++++++++++----
 drivers/media/platform/rcar_fdp1.c            | 28 ++++++---
 drivers/media/platform/renesas-ceu.c          |  4 +-
 drivers/media/platform/s5p-jpeg/jpeg-core.c   |  5 +-
 drivers/media/platform/sh_vou.c               |  6 +-
 drivers/media/platform/sti/bdisp/bdisp-v4l2.c |  7 ++-
 drivers/media/platform/sti/delta/delta-v4l2.c |  8 +--
 .../sunxi/sun8i-rotate/sun8i_rotate.c         |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/media/hantro/hantro_drv.c     |  7 ++-
 drivers/staging/media/imx/imx7-mipi-csis.c    |  7 +--
 drivers/staging/media/rkvdec/rkvdec.c         |  2 +-
 32 files changed, 220 insertions(+), 127 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.2

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel