Subject: [PATCH 0/8] arm64: String function updates

From: Robin Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 17:12:30 +0100

Hi all,

Since Oli's last attempt[1], the usercopy story has evolved and diverged
even more, to the point where the shared template idea no longer really
makes sense. While we rethink that, I've split out the straightforward
library function updates so those at least don't have to wait any longer.

Of course in the meantime things haven't stood still there either, with
Cortex Strings being no more, so I've cosmetically refreshed the
remaining original patches to match their new upstream state. I've also
added some tweaks to a couple more functions that just kind of happened
while I was looking at the whole area - arguably the final patch belongs
with the future patches tackling usercopy, but I've thrown it in here
anyway because it's already done.

Robin.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/

Robin Murphy (4):
  arm64: Add assembly annotations for weak-PI-alias madness
  arm64: Import latest memcpy()/memmove() implementation
  arm64: Better optimised memchr()
  arm64: Rewrite __arch_clear_user()

Sam Tebbs (4):
  arm64: Import latest version of Cortex Strings' memcmp
  arm64: Import latest version of Cortex Strings' strcmp
  arm64: Import updated version of Cortex Strings' strlen
  arm64: Import latest version of Cortex Strings' strncmp

 arch/arm64/include/asm/linkage.h |   8 +
 arch/arm64/lib/Makefile          |   2 +-
 arch/arm64/lib/clear_user.S      |  42 +--
 arch/arm64/lib/memchr.S          |  65 ++++-
 arch/arm64/lib/memcmp.S          | 330 ++++++++---------------
 arch/arm64/lib/memcpy.S          | 272 ++++++++++++++++---
 arch/arm64/lib/memmove.S         | 189 --------------
 arch/arm64/lib/strcmp.S          | 295 +++++++++------------
 arch/arm64/lib/strlen.S          | 262 +++++++++++++------
 arch/arm64/lib/strncmp.S         | 436 ++++++++++++++-----------------
 10 files changed, 922 insertions(+), 979 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm64/lib/memmove.S

-- 
2.21.0.dirty

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel