Subject: [PATCH v4 0/5] convert designware-pcie.txt and kirin-pcie.txt to yaml

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 13:17:50 +0200

Hi Rob,

This series (in particular, the last patch) depends on this series:
	https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

It convert designware-pcie.txt and kirin-pcie.txt to DT schema.

This series uses a different strategy than v4: after doing lots of tests and
trying to tweak the syntax, I opted to create two files instead of one.

The first one (snps,dw-pcie.yaml) uses the pci-bus.yaml schema.
The second one (add snps,dw-pcie-ep.yaml) uses the pci-ep.yaml schema.

Without splitting it into two, I was unable to find a way that would work,
due to the need of using:

	AllOf:
	   - $ref: /schemas/pci/pci-bus.yaml#

For the non-endpoint part.

In order to make easier to review, I also opted to split the patch into
4 ones:

patch 1:
   adds the Designware PCI DT schema;
patch 2:
   adds the Designware PCI endpoint DT schema;
patch 3:
   changes the existing references to point to the new schemas.
   On yaml files, it uses the proper $ref to point to the right DT schema;
patch 4
   drops the old txt file.

Patch5 is independent: it converts the pcie-kirin.txt to DT schema and
adds a reference to the newly-converted DWC schema.

It should be noticed that I had to make a few amends at the "reg" field
on patches 1 and 2, in order to avoid warnings about some properties
found on some DWC-dependent DT schemas, as some have "addr_space",
"link", "app" and "elbi".

With this change, it now passes "make dt_binding_check".

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (5):
  dt-bindings: PCI: add snps,dw-pcie.yaml
  dt-bindings: PCI: add snps,dw-pcie-ep.yaml
  dt-bindings: PCI: update references to Designware schema
  dt-bindings: PCI: remove designware-pcie.txt
  dt-bindings: PCI: kirin-pcie.txt: Convert it to yaml

 .../bindings/pci/amlogic,meson-pcie.txt       |  4 +-
 .../bindings/pci/axis,artpec6-pcie.txt        |  2 +-
 .../bindings/pci/designware-pcie.txt          | 77 ---------------
 .../bindings/pci/fsl,imx6q-pcie.txt           |  2 +-
 .../bindings/pci/hisilicon,kirin-pcie.yaml    | 81 ++++++++++++++++
 .../bindings/pci/hisilicon-histb-pcie.txt     |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/kirin-pcie.txt    | 41 --------
 .../bindings/pci/layerscape-pci.txt           |  2 +-
 .../bindings/pci/nvidia,tegra194-pcie.txt     |  5 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/pci-armada8k.txt  |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/pcie-al.txt       |  2 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/qcom,pcie.txt     | 14 +--
 .../bindings/pci/samsung,exynos-pcie.yaml     |  4 +-
 .../bindings/pci/sifive,fu740-pcie.yaml       |  4 +-
 .../bindings/pci/snps,dw-pcie-ep.yaml         | 90 +++++++++++++++++
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/snps,dw-pcie.yaml | 96 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../pci/socionext,uniphier-pcie-ep.yaml       |  4 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/ti-pci.txt        |  4 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/uniphier-pcie.txt |  2 +-
 MAINTAINERS                                   |  5 +-
 20 files changed, 297 insertions(+), 146 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/designware-pcie.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/hisilicon,kirin-pcie.yaml
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/kirin-pcie.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/snps,dw-pcie-ep.yaml
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/snps,dw-pcie.yaml

-- 
2.31.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel