Subject: [PATCH v1 0/5] mxsfb/nwl/panels: media bus format fixes

From: Guido Günther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 14:16:07 +0200

commit b776b0f00f24 ("drm: mxsfb: Use bus_format from the nearest bridge if
present") added bus format probing to mxsfb this exposed several issues in the
display stack as used on the Librem 5:

The nwl bridge and the panels didn't bother to set any media bus formats and in
that case mxsfb would not pick a reasonable default. This series aims to fix
this.

This series includes the patch from
https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/[email-masked]/
with a `dev_warn` added.

The patches are against 5.15-rc3. I've marked a single patch with a 'fixes'
which is enough to unbreak the display stack in 5.15.

Guido Günther (5):
  drm: mxsfb: Print failed bus format in hex
  drm: mxsfb: Set proper default bus format when using a bridge
  drm/bridge: nwl-dsi: Add atomic_get_input_bus_fmts
  drm/panel: mantix: Add media bus format
  drm/panel: st7703: Add media bus format

 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/nwl-dsi.c              | 35 +++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/mxsfb/mxsfb_kms.c             |  7 +++-
 .../gpu/drm/panel/panel-mantix-mlaf057we51.c  |  9 +++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-sitronix-st7703.c |  8 +++++
 4 files changed, 58 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.33.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel