Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] iommu/arm-smmu-v3: Allow default substream bypass with a pasid support

From: Nicolin Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 03:31:22 -0700

(This series is rebased on top of Michael's refactor series [1])

When an iommu_domain is set to IOMMU_DOMAIN_IDENTITY, the driver sets the
arm_smmu_domain->stage to ARM_SMMU_DOMAIN_BYPASS and skips the allocation
of a CD table, and then sets STRTAB_STE_0_CFG_BYPASS to the CONFIG field
of the STE. This works well for devices that only have one substream, i.e.
pasid disabled.

With a pasid-capable device, however, there could be a use case where it
allows an IDENTITY domain attachment without disabling its pasid feature.
This requires the driver to allocate a multi-entry CD table to attach the
IDENTITY domain to its default substream and to configure the S1DSS filed
of the STE to STRTAB_STE_1_S1DSS_BYPASS. So, there is a missing link here
between the STE setup and an IDENTITY domain attachment.

This series fills the gap for the use case above. The first patch corrects
the conditions at ats_enabled capability and arm_smmu_alloc_cd_tables() so
that the use case above could set the ats_enabled and allocate a CD table
correctly. The second patch reworks the arm_smmu_write_strtab_ent() in a
fashion of all possible configurations of STE.Config field.

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
---

Changelog
v3:
 * Replaced ARM_SMMU_DOMAIN_BYPASS_S1DSS with two boolean flags to correct
   conditions of STE bypass and CD table allocation.
 * Reworked arm_smmu_write_strtab_ent() with four helper functions
v2: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
 * Rebased on top of Michael's series reworking CD table ownership [1]
 * Added a new ARM_SMMU_DOMAIN_BYPASS_S1DSS stage to tag the use case
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Nicolin Chen (2):
  iommu/arm-smmu-v3: Add boolean bypass_ste and skip_cdtab flags
  iommu/arm-smmu-v3: Refactor arm_smmu_write_strtab_ent()

 drivers/iommu/arm/arm-smmu-v3/arm-smmu-v3.c | 236 ++++++++++++--------
 1 file changed, 139 insertions(+), 97 deletions(-)

base-commit: acd552d4b3b14d639784ea5ccfd61ba1fa85a16b
-- 
2.42.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel