Subject: [PATCH v5 00/31] clk: at91: add support for parent_data and

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2026 13:06:53 -0700

From: Ryan Wanner <[email-masked]>

This series adds support for parent data and parent _hw on the at91
clock drivers. This also updates all the SoC specific clock drivers to
use this format as well.

This is a continuation of the V1 of this series here [1].

This has been tested on the SAMA5* SoCs, the sam9x* SoCs, and the SAMA7*
SoCs.

Changes v1 -> V2:
- Remove all the small sama7g54 SoC driver changes and put them in their
  own patch.
- Add the SAMA7D65 and the SAM9X75 to this update.
- Add a patch to move all common used macros into the pmc.h file.
- Update changes from v6.6 to v6.16.
- Remove patches that where style fixes and include those in the update.

Changes v2 -> v3:
- Adjust each patch so they are fully atomic.
- Add a patch to have the SAMA7D65 systemclocks use parent_data and
  parent_hw.
- Add a formatting cleanup patch for the SAM9X75.
- Adjust commit messages that no longer show invalid information.

Changes v3 -> v4:
- Adjusted the AT91_CLK_PD macros to not use the index and use the name
  and HW.
- Adjust the commit message for the sam9x7 to descibe the changes
  better.
- Remove the usage of clock indexes and use of_clk_get_parent_name().
- Adjust commit messages to better describe the changes.

Changes v4 -> v5:
- Update commit messages to make them more clear.
- Correct formatting issues.
- Remove unnecessary parent_data parameters.
- Remove the incorrect change to the xtal naming.
- Keep the check for the different naming of slow clock.

Claudiu Beznea (28):
  clk: at91: pmc: add macros for clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-sam9x60-pll: use clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-peripheral: switch to clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-main: switch to clk parent data
  clk: at91: clk-utmi: use clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-master: use clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-programmable: use clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-generated: use clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-usb: add support for clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-system: use clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-pll: add support for parent_hw
  clk: at91: clk-audio-pll: add support for parent_hw
  clk: at91: clk-plldiv: add support for parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-h32mx: add support for parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-i2s-mux: add support for parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-smd: add support for clk_parent_data
  clk: at91: clk-slow: add support for parent_data
  clk: at91: dt-compat: switch to parent_hw and parent_data
  clk: at91: sam9x60: switch to parent_hw and parent_data
  clk: at91: sama5d2: switch to parent_hw and parent_data
  clk: at91: sama5d3: switch to parent_data and parent_hw
  clk: at91: sama5d4: switch to parent_data and parent_hw
  clk: at91: at91sam9x5: switch to parent_data and parent_hw
  clk: at91: at91rm9200: switch to parent_hw and parent_data
  clk: at91: at91sam9260: switch to parent_hw and parent_data
  clk: at91: at91sam9g45: switch to parent_data and parent_hw
  clk: at91: at91sam9n12: switch to parent_hw and parent_data
  clk: at91: at91sam9rl: switch to clk_parent_data

Ryan Wanner (3):
  clk: at91: pmc: Move macro to header file
  clk: at91: sam9x75: switch to parent_hw and parent_data
  clk: at91: sama7d65: switch system clocks to parent_hw and parent_data

 drivers/clk/at91/at91rm9200.c       |  79 ++++---
 drivers/clk/at91/at91sam9260.c      | 119 +++++-----
 drivers/clk/at91/at91sam9g45.c      |  73 ++++---
 drivers/clk/at91/at91sam9n12.c      |  90 ++++----
 drivers/clk/at91/at91sam9rl.c       |  49 +++--
 drivers/clk/at91/at91sam9x5.c       | 106 +++++----
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-audio-pll.c    |  28 ++-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-generated.c    |   8 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-h32mx.c        |  11 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-i2s-mux.c      |   6 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-main.c         |  16 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-master.c       |  24 +--
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-peripheral.c   |  16 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-pll.c          |   9 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-plldiv.c       |  11 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-programmable.c |   8 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-sam9x60-pll.c  |  14 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-slow.c         |   8 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-smd.c          |  10 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-system.c       |   8 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-usb.c          |  41 ++--
 drivers/clk/at91/clk-utmi.c         |  16 +-
 drivers/clk/at91/dt-compat.c        |  80 ++++---
 drivers/clk/at91/pmc.h              |  68 +++---
 drivers/clk/at91/sam9x60.c          | 101 +++++----
 drivers/clk/at91/sam9x7.c           | 323 ++++++++++++++++------------
 drivers/clk/at91/sama5d2.c          | 153 +++++++------
 drivers/clk/at91/sama5d3.c          | 104 +++++----
 drivers/clk/at91/sama5d4.c          | 112 +++++-----
 drivers/clk/at91/sama7d65.c         | 155 +++++++------
 drivers/clk/at91/sama7g5.c          | 111 +++++-----
 31 files changed, 1115 insertions(+), 842 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0