Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add RP1 PWM controller support

From: Andrea della Porta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2026 16:31:53 +0200

This patchset adds support for the PWM controller found on the
Raspberry Pi RP1 southbridge. This is necessary to operate the
cooling fan connected to one of the PWM channels.

The tachometer pin for the fan speed is managed by the firmware
running on the RP1's M-core. It uses the PHASE2 register
to report the RPM, which is then exported by this driver as a
hwmon device.

Subsequent patches will add the CPU thermal zone, which acts as
a consumer of the PWM device.

Best regards,
Andrea

Naushir Patuck (2):
  dt-bindings: pwm: Add Raspberry Pi RP1 PWM controller
  pwm: rp1: Add RP1 PWM controller driver

Stanimir Varbanov (1):
  arm64: dts: broadcom: rp1: Add PWM node

 .../bindings/pwm/raspberrypi,rp1-pwm.yaml     |  52 ++++
 .../boot/dts/broadcom/bcm2712-rpi-5-b.dts     |  12 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/broadcom/rp1-common.dtsi  |  10 +
 drivers/pwm/Kconfig                           |  10 +
 drivers/pwm/Makefile                          |   1 +
 drivers/pwm/pwm-rp1.c                         | 244 ++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 329 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/raspberrypi,rp1-pwm.yaml
 create mode 100644 drivers/pwm/pwm-rp1.c

-- 
2.35.3