Subject: [PATCH 0/9] ASoC: mediatek: mt2701: HDMI audio support

From: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2026 16:23:17 +0100

This series wires up on-chip HDMI audio on MT2701 and MT7623, from the
DRM bridge down through the AFE into a small machine driver that binds
the AFE HDMI BE to the HDMI TX codec already exposed by the
mediatek-drm-hdmi driver. Bindings, DT and a BananaPi R2 board node
are included.

In order to survive vblank or late hotplug of the monitor, the fix
submitted separately [1] is required as well.

Everything here was developed for and tested on a BananaPi R2
(MT7623N), which turns ten years old this year -- a nice occasion to
finally land native HDMI audio for a SoC which was truly ahead of its
time.

[1]: https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-mediatek/patch/[email-masked]/

Daniel Golle (9):
  dt-bindings: sound: mt2701-afe-pcm: add HDMI audio path clocks
  dt-bindings: sound: add mediatek,mt2701-hdmi-audio machine binding
  ASoC: mediatek: mt2701: add AFE HDMI register definitions
  ASoC: mediatek: mt2701: add optional HDMI audio path clocks
  ASoC: mediatek: mt2701: add HDMI audio memif, FE and BE DAIs
  ASoC: mediatek: mt2701: add machine driver for on-chip HDMI codec
  ARM: dts: mediatek: mt2701: wire HDMI audio path clocks into AFE
  ARM: dts: mediatek: mt7623: wire HDMI audio path clocks into AFE
  ARM: dts: mediatek: mt7623n-bananapi-bpi-r2: add HDMI audio machine
    node

 .../bindings/sound/mediatek,mt2701-audio.yaml |  10 +
 .../sound/mediatek,mt2701-hdmi-audio.yaml     |  47 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/mediatek/mt2701.dtsi        |  21 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7623.dtsi        |  21 +-
 .../dts/mediatek/mt7623n-bananapi-bpi-r2.dts  |   7 +
 sound/soc/mediatek/Kconfig                    |  10 +
 sound/soc/mediatek/mt2701/Makefile            |   1 +
 .../mediatek/mt2701/mt2701-afe-clock-ctrl.c   |  22 ++
 sound/soc/mediatek/mt2701/mt2701-afe-common.h |   6 +
 sound/soc/mediatek/mt2701/mt2701-afe-pcm.c    | 281 +++++++++++++++++-
 sound/soc/mediatek/mt2701/mt2701-hdmi.c       | 114 +++++++
 sound/soc/mediatek/mt2701/mt2701-reg.h        |  35 +++
 12 files changed, 564 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/mediatek,mt2701-hdmi-audio.yaml
 create mode 100644 sound/soc/mediatek/mt2701/mt2701-hdmi.c

-- 
2.53.0