Subject: [PATCH 0/7] pinctrl: Fix types in .pin_config_group_get() callbacks

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2026 17:33:11 +0200

Hi all,

On 64-bit platforms, "unsigned long" is 64-bit.  However, when checking
if all "unsigned long" configuration values passed to the
.pin_config_group_get() callback are equal, several drivers use a 32-bit
temporary.  Fortunately this works, as currently all configuration
values fit in 32-bit.

This series makes the code cleaner and more future-proof by changing the
types of all temporaries to unsigned long.

I intend to queue patches 5 and 6 in renesas-pinctrl for v7.2.
Thanks for your comments!

Geert Uytterhoeven (7):
  pinctrl: airoha: Fix type in .pin_config_group_get() callback
  pinctrl: equilibrium: Fix type in .pin_config_group_get() callback
  pinctrl: ingenic: Fix type in .pin_config_group_get() callback
  pinctrl: mediatek: moore: Fix type in .pin_config_group_get() callback
  pinctrl: renesas: rzg2l: Fix type in .pin_config_group_get() callback
  pinctrl: renesas: rzv2m: Fix type in .pin_config_group_get() callback
  pinctrl: single: Fix type in .pin_config_group_get() callback

 drivers/pinctrl/mediatek/pinctrl-airoha.c | 2 +-
 drivers/pinctrl/mediatek/pinctrl-moore.c  | 3 ++-
 drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-equilibrium.c     | 3 ++-
 drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-ingenic.c         | 3 ++-
 drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-single.c          | 3 ++-
 drivers/pinctrl/renesas/pinctrl-rzg2l.c   | 3 ++-
 drivers/pinctrl/renesas/pinctrl-rzv2m.c   | 3 ++-
 7 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email-masked]

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
							    -- Linus Torvalds