Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 09/11] drm/mediatek: dp: Add support for embedded DisplayPort aux-bus

From: Michael Walle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 12:00:43 +0200

Hi,

>> I was just curious if you know of any development for that (or 
>> similar)
>> in the kernel.
> 
> This is probably because support for this SoC began with Chromebooks,
> which have fixed and defined uses for the pipelines. I suspect that
> what you are working on is much more flexible.

Yes. that is correct.

> The driver should be made to allow dynamic selection of outputs, as
> is commonly seen with other drivers, but I don't know if that's on
> anyone's TODO list.

Do you have any pointers where to look at?

-michael

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel