Subject: Re: PSCI version 1.1 and SYSTEM_RESET2

From: Sodagudi Prasad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 17:07:31 -0700

On 2019-04-30 14:44, Sodagudi Prasad wrote:
+Sudeep

> Hi Mark/Will,
> 
> I would like to understand whether ARM linux community have plans to
> support PSCI version 1.1 or not.
> PSCI_1_1 specification introduced support for SYSTEM_RESET2 command
> and this new command helps mobile devices to SYSTEM_WARM_RESET
> support. Rebooting devices with warm reboot helps to capture the
> snapshot of the ram contents for post-mortem analysis.

I think, there is a recent discussion from Sudeep for the SYSTEM_RESET2 
support.
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10884345/

Hi Sudeep,

I was going through your discussion in the below list -
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

There is no provision to set up reboot mode dynamically instead kernel 
command line parameter.
Looking for options to reboot device with warm reboot option when kernel 
crashed.

panic() --> emergency_restart() --> machine_emergency_restart() --> 
machine_restart(NULL);

It would nice if there is a config option to reboot the device either in 
warm or cold in the case of kernel panic.
Calling machine_restart with a NULL parameter for kernel crash is 
leading to devices cold reboot.

-Thanks, Prasad

> -Thanks, Prasad

-- 
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora 
Forum,
Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel