Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm64/irq: use NMI to send stop IPI

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 09:46:55 +0000

On 2020-12-14 02:20, Pingfan Liu wrote:

[...]

> After serval days of chasing this issue, I have a raw idea about it.
> What about re-structure the code like
> DEFINE_IDTENTRY_SYSVEC_SIMPLE(sysvec_reschedule_ipi) ?

I'm not sure how you want to mimic what x86 does, given that we have
at least three different root interrupt controllers on arm64 (plus
a fourth coming up), all of which have access methods that are not
part of the CPU architecture, and that are shared with the 32bit
part.

> I will send a series soon afterward.

Please wait until the merge window is over.

Thanks,

         M.
-- 
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny...

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel