Subject: [PATCH v5 06/27] irq_domain/powerpc: eliminate irq_map; use irq_alloc_desc() instead

From: [email-masked] (Andreas Schwab)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 18:29:15 +0200

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

> Grant Likely <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This patch drops the powerpc-specific irq_map table and replaces it with
>> directly using the irq_alloc_desc()/irq_free_desc() interfaces for allocating
>> and freeing irq_desc structures.
>
> This breaks irqs on PowerMac G5.  I see lost irq errors from the sata
> driver.

When I revert a09b659cd68c10ec6a30cb91ebd2c327fcd5bfe5 ("genirq: Fix
long-term regression in genirq irq_set_irq_type() handling") on top of
3.4-rc1 the sata irq errors disappear, but I see a lot of spurious
interrupts.  Also the X server is broken somehow, though I don't know
whether that is related or a different bug.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, schwab at linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."