Subject: [PATCH v6 0/5] davinci: VPIF: add DT support

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 16:49:01 -0800

Hans Verkuil <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 07/12/16 19:30, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> Prepare the groundwork for adding DT support for davinci VPIF drivers.
>> This series does some fixups/cleanups and then adds the DT binding and
>> DT compatible string matching for DT probing.
>>
>> The controversial part from previous versions around async subdev
>> parsing, and specifically hard-coding the input/output routing of
>> subdevs, has been left out of this series.  That part can be done as a
>> follow-on step after agreement has been reached on the path forward.
>> With this version, platforms can still use the VPIF capture/display
>> drivers, but must provide platform_data for the subdevs and subdev
>> routing.
>>
>> Tested video capture to memory on da850-lcdk board using composite
>> input.
>
> Other than the comment for the first patch this series looks good.
>
> So once that's addressed I'll queue it up for 4.11.

I've fixed that issue, and sent an update for just that patch in reply
to the original.

Thanks for the review,

Kevin