Subject: ARM SoC tree, Was: Re: [PATCH 05/12] ARM: ixp4xx: use __iomem for MMIO

From: [email-masked] (Krzysztof Halasa)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 19:01:59 +0200

Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Note I'm not only doing ARM, but also X86 and MIPS, with additional code
>> shared between them, and the "stable" part of it is what I'm paid for.
>> I can't simply work with arm-soc, none of my platforms will even boot
>> with pure arm-soc.
>
> I'm assuming that Linus' -rc kernels work for you, yes?

No, but it's OK :-)

I meant I need additional code for a) ARM and MIPS-based boards (off the
shelf by Ubiquity, Gateworks etc., support ported mostly from OpenWRT),
b) custom hardware used only by us.

I hope to eventually submit a) upstream, then arm-soc and Linus' trees
would work for me. I know it's a mess, but for now I have no options.

BTW the situation with hardware supported only by OpenWRT is a part of
the equation.
-- 
Krzysztof Halasa