Subject: Re: 5.2: arm-smmu e0600000.smmu: Unexpected global fault, this could be serious

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 14:33:22 +0200

On Aug 06 2019, Robin Murphy <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I take it you have firmware still using the old "mmu-masters" DT binding
> on that machine?

Yes.

> The way the legacy binding is handled turns out to interact badly with the
> disable_bypass option, so CONFIG_ARM_SMMU_DISABLE_BYPASS_BY_DEFAULT is
> presumably now tripping you up. The immediate workaround would be to turn
> that off and/or boot with "arm-smmu.disable_bypass=0" to ensure it's
> overridden.

I will try the command line parameter.

> If you can update the firmware to something newer using either
> the generic "iommus" binding or ACPI (I believe Seattle is supported in
> EDK2 these days) that would remove the problem entirely.

AMD won't be releasing any new firmware for their seattle platform.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel